Waiting Sucks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtblckmaro

jtblckmaro

So I've burned through all the pen kits in the starter pack. Now I'm "patiently" waiting to get my shipment from woodturningz. My wife is convinced there is crack or heroin in the wood shavings cuz I'm always in the garage!

Anyway, you guys have been great with the comments on my first pens. Figured I'd post my very first turning ever from about a year ago.

What the hell do you do while you wait!?! Lol

Have a great day all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 418
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

George417

I'll agree with you. I just had a skin reduction surgery after losing 125 lbs. I am not supposed to work on anything, needless to say by
the end of the week I'll be crawling the walls. Yes, pens are addictive.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hcpens

Yes u r right waiting is agonizing. I have been waiting since May for my vacuum chamber; I now have over 350 un-stabilized blanks just waiting for some Cactus Juice, maybe by Christmas.

jtblckmaro

I was just thinking about segmenting! Gonna dive in to that now too! Lol
And Rob, just sent it back at you. Sounds like we're close.

jtblckmaro

Just replied to you Rob. Thanks a lot!

Glued up a little something last night. Will drill it and start playing with it tonight. It's kind of amazing how much or how little involvement this requires. Like a regular woodworking project, if you spend 30 minutes banging something out, it looks like you spent 30 minutes on it, but with this... spend 30 minutes and you still get a good looking product! Yeah, I'm definitely hooked!

Dolphinjon

I always have a ton of slimline tubes laying around for just such an occasion. I prefer other styles, but slimlines let me play around a lot when trying new things or just puttering around waiting for inspiration. I live in Kentucky, so an order from Woodturningz is typically here within 72 hours. That helps a lot...

alphageek

Former Moderator
Tubes are cheap! Make sure to order extra tubes for any pen kits you like. That way, you're never stuck even if you don't have kits. You can turn and just wait to assemble later. (and segmenting like said above can DEFINATELY suck up more time.

Super Dave

I also order extra tubes. You can make what ever you want, just order the kits as needed. That way you don't have to have so much money tied up in kits, it can get expensive.

Dave

robutacion

Well, yes all the above is correct but, one of the things that you can spend some time on while waiting for kits is to sharpen all your tools, gouges, drill bits and so on.

I know that, for many that isn't much of a joy job but, it makes a hell of a difference when, whatever you pick-up from the rack/shelve/tray is sharpen and ready to go, someone has to do it, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Maybe you could even clean the shop. That is what I did the other day when I was waiting for hardware. I also keep plenty of tubes on hand! Never run out of tubes they are way to cheap to be in need of.

jtblckmaro

lol
Shop got re-done already, so check.
Sharpening is a good idea. ugh...
I'll start hoarding tubes.
Good inputs guys!

Top Bottom