Waiting for my first cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

With the nice weather yesterday, I made my first PR cast. I mixed a small test batch with Testor's paint and some Pearlex, and another batch with black copy toner and Pearlex. Poured into the round ice cube tube trays, each color separately, and then a couple mixed. By this morning, the Testor's mix was solid with a tacky end, but the black copy toner mix was still a pile of gelled goo. I can't even get the Testor's color out of the mold until the black sets up. Now it's time to wait...and wait....and wait, until the black cures.

Jmhoff10500

Yeah! That sounds familiar! I always end up adding a bit more catylist but not to much or else you start sacraficing stability and strenght of the pr, but it does add a bit more
shine to it!

Yeah! That sounds familiar! I always end up adding a bit more catylist but not to much or else you start sacraficing stability and strenght of the pr, but it does add a bit more
shine to it!

A good quality PR(silmar41, cough, cough) does not get brittle or loose strength or stability from catalysing at the proper amount of 1%. Most people undercatalyse and over pigment and that is were the problems occur.

Top Bottom