Voting for the Advanced Beautiful Pen contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Which 3 pens are the best, choose only 3

• Pen 1

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • Pen 2

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Pen 3

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Pen 4

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Pen 5

Votes: 130 53.3%
  • Pen 6

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Pen 7

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • Pen 8

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Pen 9

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • Pen 10

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • Pen 11

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Pen 12

Votes: 78 32.0%
  • Pen 13

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • Pen 14

• Pen 15

Votes: 80 32.8%
  • Pen 16

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Pen 17

• Pen 18

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • Pen 19

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Pen 20

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Penguin

Interesting to note, if you take a blank made by another artist and use that, and list that in the description, then that material should not be considered at all because it was made by another artist than the person who entered the pen.

Ed, I wouldn't have a problem with this comment if you didn't have a pen entered in the contest. Since you do have a pen entered in the contest this seems like a petty way to skew the votes in your favor. While there is merit in what you saying, it would have been better recieved if it had be delivered from an unbias position.
to be fair, it could be Toni's pen. I think we all know "who" makes the dragon scale blanks.

but the rules do not say that you must use a home-cast blank.

does Ed's logic also extend that wooden pens enterred in this catgory should have been made from wood from a tree that was harvested, processed and turned by the same person?

the time to gripe about the rules was before the contest was started, not AFTER you see other people's work.

and if it IS Toni's pen - let her raise the question and Ed should stay out of it.

Toni's work is very unique, very creative and very talented. She submitted her work and I submitted my work, as did other people as well but I am not going to name names here. One maker ONE pen.

Sorry but my pen entry is #XX. To verify that just look at the EXIF info, note the author and copyright info. © Ed Street. This is basic 101 computer usage. I will even go further and suggest you start at the last entry and work backwards. To even further help you out the file name is called clown1.jpg, oh and it has WOOD on the blank, also legal drinking age in canada (sorry not 21), average age of soldiers in vietnam and even had a song about it back in the 80's. Once you realize what is going on you are likely to do some epic face palming :)

As for the blanks goes I was simply pointing out if someone else made the blank then that's not a reflection of the skill level of the person entering the contest as they did not make it. It's not a 'rules' problem or even a gripe, it's just simply stating a fact that many, esp the mob rule does not want to hear.

keep talking in circles.

but I do suggest you go back and look at the title of the contest..."Advanced Beautiful PEN Contest"

not the "Advanced Beautiful BLANK Contest"

contest rules do not specify that the maker of the pen had to make the blank.

it's that simple.

perhaps instead of talking in circles, you could simply suggest that for future "advanced" contests, the rules should be modified to reflect that the blank, if cast or forged, shall be cast by the person making the pen.

or, you could just continue to be an ass. You're good at that.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You could Google "random number generator" and let it pick them for you.

How about ping pong balls with 1-20 on them and pick 3 out of a rotating drum.

Hendu3270

Here is a helpful hint for choosing 3 contestants.
1- Buy or borrow a dart board, the one with 1-20 around the ring if you dont own one
2- use 3 (Three) count them 3 darts.
3- throw* all 3 darts at the board and vote accordingly!
24.gif

*thrown as a group of 3 or individually is up to you.

Didn't read the first point, now I have to buy a new monitor....

LOL :biggrin:

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

bobleibo

Interesting to note, if you take a blank made by another artist and use that, and list that in the description, then that material should not be considered at all because it was made by another artist than the person who entered the pen.

Dang it! I was just about to enter my pen into this contest, but based on what you said, I can't because I didn't grow the tree (other artist) that the blank came from. Maybe next year huh?

InvisibleMan

My first two choices came to me in a dream, but the third eludes me.

I feel like I need to be able to ask questions of the artists.

Last edited:

yaroslaw

3 choices??? I would grab half of that pens to my one collection... And try as hard as I can to teach how to reproduce other half of them on my own.

Ed, seriously, if blank come out of decision, it makes 99% of pens here on IAP not unique? And, by taking blanks out of decision, do you take out of decision the skill you need to have to WORK WITH certain blanks? For example, all we know how is it hard to work with beautiful cebloplast, or problems with threading, or working with other hard-to-work materials. Some materials I cannot even imagine to work with. It is a contest, not "step by step tutorial", in which I can provide all the info that was done to make my entry, all faults, all the pitfalls of the material, sleepless nights that went into design of the pen etcetera etcetera to please YOU.
I will do that, AFTER contest ends to help other make pens like mine (if anyone would want to).

But I see your post being REALLY ANFAIR mentioning some materials that clearly reffers to pens in contest and makes an statement "Ed did not made that pen" and also provides other "clues" not to vote for those pens. I would suggest you edited your post to prevent blames of unfair competition.

I thought NOBODY (not an entrants, neither voters) should express their PREFERENCES before competition ends, is this a true? If so, please conform to rules.

greggas

SO hard to pick...glad we were able to select three

Some truly spectacular work here.....congrats to the entrants on great work

Dale Lynch

I got my 3 favorites picked out.Really unsure about picking one in the finals.Superb pens all around.Pat yourselves on the back for me would ya.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
still less than 200 members have taken the time to vote.. If you havent voted and your just stopping by please take a minute to choose 3 and leave a comment. They are all great pens and talented pen makers1

Hendu3270

still less than 200 members have taken the time to vote.. If you havent voted and your just stopping by please take a minute to choose 3 and leave a comment. They are all great pens and talented pen makers1

Yeah I don't egt that at all. over 3500 views and less than 200 votes :confused:

ossaguy

Wow,it was really tough to pick just three.Every one of these beauties are true masterpieces!

Congrats to all the artists here,outstanding work!

Steve

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Good Morning and I hope you have taken the time to vote somewhere around 24 hours left to vote.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Only a few hours left to flip a coin, toss a dart, or any other method of choosing your favorite pen.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
And then we are to narrow it down to 5 of the top vote recipients and have a final poll to determine the winners.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Congratulations to the top vote recipients Pen 5, Pen 15, Pen 12,Pen 10, Pens 13 & 18

I will have the final voting poll Up shortly... Stay tuned.

Congratulations to all the members who entered a pen, great work, great designs, great pens.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will post the final voting poll late this afternoon so that it end the evening of the 27th allowing maximum voting exposure.

Top Bottom