Vise Survey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />Hi all. Actually, vise life survey. I would like to hear from those that have purchased one of my vises, either style. I would like to know how they are holding up over the long haul. I have not recieved much in the way of long term feed back, so that's what I'm looking for. I know of one vise that has had some issues, and one of the first 'Side-Vise' I sold around 4 years ago to be working well being used regularly by a turning group. So let me have it, especially if you have had a problem. I want to be able to take care of the product to insure a long life for the user.
Thanks

I think for me to acruately say, I think you would have to make one for me... Please... What, there's a list? We don't need no stinking lists... Ok. Can I get on the list?

[:D]

Fangar

bjackman

Paul,
I hadn't seen this thread until now. I got my vise in June 04. ( [^] gloat to virgil, he'll know.....) Since then I have done nothing withit but drill blanks (&lt;1/2" to 3+" for peppergrinders) and occasionally blow off all the drilling chips. I will now dutifully oil as you suggested.
Mine is one with the apparently older style "double handle" which I really like since you can tighten it with kindof a thumb and forefinger twist motion.

Fangar

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Very good tactics Roy. I think groppling, begging, flatery, send choclolates....
All have a way of moving your name up on the list [:D] [}:)] [:D]

What about the law?

[}:)]

Fangar

DocStram

Paul, I have a suggestion regarding your vise. As you know, I have had mine only a couple of months. Much to the dismay of others, you sent mine the day after I ordered it. But then again, I paid for the rehearsal dinner.
Here is the one suggestion that I have for you. Your label with your logo. Paul! After all that work maching the vise ... you put on a cheesy paper adhesive label??? Why not engrave it somehow with your name? It would be such a nice touch. Just a thought.

Paul in OKC

I agree with label. I used to put my name on them with the cnc at work, and will return to that very soon. It just takes a little time. If I can use the BIG machine, it is easier. The one I usually use is just a 2 axis so I have to work the spindle up and down in between letters.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by beamer
<br />Maybe I missed it, but I haven't been able to find out how much these are selling for. Could someone enlighten me, please? :)

OK, this is an announcement for all. Due to materials going up 15% (even just since last batch), there will be a slight price increase of $5 to $70 plus shipping and handling, which I am changing slightly. If you pay by money order, the total will be $85.00. If by Paypal, add 3.5% ($2.98).
I hate to do this, but...

JimGo

<br />Maybe I missed it, but I haven't been able to find out how much these are selling for. Could someone enlighten me, please? :)

Beamer, if you have to ask, you don't want it bad enough. [:D] And if you don't want it bad enough, you don't yet appreciate just how much better this vise is than others.

beamer

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />

Beamer, if you have to ask, you don't want it bad enough. [:D] And if you don't want it bad enough, you don't yet appreciate just how much better this vise is than others.

Hahha! that's just because i haven't fumbled with any vise yet. I'm still using channel locks and a prayer :p

Dario

Jason,

The vise is expensive but if you drill enough, it pays for itself in the long run due to reduced blowout and waste. This is especially true when you use exotic/expensive materials.

The accuracy will help you use smaller blanks than usual. Of course you can drill on the lathe and get even better accuracy but drilling on DP is so much more convenient.

As with anything, there is a rate of return...whether you will meet the break even point in one year or 10 years varies depending on your usage.

EPC

This sounds like a product that I need. I would love having less blow outs. How do I get on the list to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom