Virginia Tech Colored Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reeser2

I have a very good friend who is retiring at the end of the year and I'd like to make him a pen using Virginia Tech's colors. Any one have a lead on where I could get such a blank. I've looked a the normal websites I order materials from with no luck.... Thanks,

maroon and burnt orange

Don

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Is that maroon & gold or mustard? If so, i've done bloodwood and yellow heart with gold hardware for my high school's colors and gotten close (sister's anniversary!!). (for Notre Dame, Tim McKenzie has a green & gold that is awesome--maybe your friend could make a change!! :>) )
earl

Cwalker935

Go Hokies, I have tried to do a good homie blank in the past since I am a hokie. I have segmented PSI maroon and orange blanks with some success. I just tried a new pour and will let you know how it turns.

Buckmark13

Can't help you with the blank but I'll be following along for my knowledge.

Just a thought, but what about dyes?

Let's go Hokies!!!

jimmyz

I have made some breadboards with VT on them. Purple heart works well for the letters. Osage Orange might be good for the rest. Can't help forming the letters (no laser!). Maybe you could carve the letters with a Dremel and fill with polymer clay? Sorry, probably not much help, but will keep looking because I have one daughter and two son in laws that went there.

mjmeldrum

I know this post is from a year ago, but just hear me out please. Zac Higgins, who many of you may have seen on his You Tube channel, makes custom colored blanks. I contacted him about a year ago and he said he had actually made some Hokies blanks before that even. I think the blanks were around $10 apiece but I might be a bit off or the price may be different now. Anyway, he's a resource you can contact via his website at: https://nvwoodwerks.com.

Top Bottom