Vintage Parker resin pen/pencil set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from duncsuss

duncsuss

I made this fountain pen and Pentel-conversion as a commission. The resin is 1980s-era Parker Pen Company "Marble" (often referred to as "crushed velvet" - which I think is a better description of how it looks, but not the name they used.) It's built around a Bock #6 nib unit, taking a standard international cartridge/converter. The clip is hand-made from 0.050" stainless steel plate.

Wet sanded using 3M Tri-mite ("Zona") sanding material, then buffed with White Diamond, Blue compound, Caswell Plas-Glo, and Caswell Plastic-Fine compound.

Yellow marble pen and pencil -1.jpgYellow marble pen and pencil -2.jpgYellow marble pen and pencil -3.jpgYellow marble pen and pencil -4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryguy

Very Nice. I do a lot of Pentel conversions and have found them to be popular. I'm interested in how you fit the Pentel clip into the Fountain pen cap. Details?

duncsuss

Very Nice. I do a lot of Pentel conversions and have found them to be popular. I'm interested in how you fit the Pentel clip into the Fountain pen cap. Details?

Thanks!

The clip on the fountain pen isn't Pentel, I made it myself from sheet stainless steel. It has a ring and tab, similar to most kit clips, and is held in place by a screw-in finial. The cap has a recessed ring around the threaded hole that the finial screws into, and I hand file a slot for the tab.

I just looked to see if I have any pix of the cap disassembled, but I can't find any (of this or of any other cap I made the same way).

Bryguy

Thanks!

The clip on the fountain pen isn't Pentel, I made it myself from sheet stainless steel. It has a ring and tab, similar to most kit clips, and is held in place by a screw-in finial. The cap has a recessed ring around the threaded hole that the finial screws into, and I hand file a slot for the tab.

I just looked to see if I have any pix of the cap disassembled, but I can't find any (of this or of any other cap I made the same way).
Thanks Duncan. That's how I make clips. The shape of your clip fooled me into thinking you had used the Pentel clip.

Top Bottom