Vintage cracked ice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I got a couple pieces of some lovely cracked ice cellulose acetate in a recent sale on here, so I decided to use a bit of it. This is a rather simple fountain pen, with cracked Ice material on the barrel, and the remainder of the pen made from black acrylic. I made the clip from Damascus steel, because I thought the pattern mimicked the cracked ice nicely. It's about 5.25" long, capped, with 13mm cap threads. The nib is a jowo 6.
89497FAE-26B4-4901-99BD-F660333E6593.jpeg
502EBF61-D4E0-4080-BD0F-40295127BB76.jpeg
926F9996-0E26-4816-96B3-36E34B02F67A.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very lovely, John !!! . . Thanks for showing !!

If you don't mind, please tell me the actual diameter ( max. ) of the cellulose acetate barrel .... before and after turning to final size.

I just want to determine if I can do something similar with a piece that I have, utilizing the tap and die that I have.

Very lovely, John !!! . . Thanks for showing !!

If you don't mind, please tell me the actual diameter of the cellulose acetate barrel .... before and after turning to final size.

I just want to determine if I can do something similar with a piece that I have, utilizing the tap and die that I have.
I dunno, something like 14.2mm before, 14mm in the middle after turning

...Yea, that was what I was thinking when I saw the pictures.......... Just a simple fountain pen o_O !

While I do realize your intent - in consideration of your typical journeys, this is still beautiful artistry. I really appreciate the Damascus Clip; nice touch. (I like segmenting, but at times just a beautiful piece of wood can be stunning).

Thanks for sharing.

...Yea, that was what I was thinking when I saw the pictures.......... Just a simple fountain pen o_O !

While I do realize your intent - in consideration of your typical journeys, this is still beautiful artistry. I really appreciate the Damascus Clip; nice touch. (I like segmenting, but at times just a beautiful piece of wood can be stunning).

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words, Mark.

Another nice pen John. I don't recall seeing that material before. Your vision was spot on with the Damascus clip, and finial.
Thanks Chuck. It's definitely some of the rarer stuff I've got in my collection. I had a small piece, but was super lucky that Keith offered some up for sale recently.

One of my favorites that you have made recently, maybe because it's a bit different.
How did you flatten the piece on the finial? Heat?

Back
Top Bottom