view before assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

Does anyone else do this?
I am about ready to assemble this voyager pen and wanted to know how it would look after assembly, without assembly!
So, I lay out the parts against a blue background, take a picture and with some photoshop magic there it is.

Attachments

• voyager_blue.jpg
    voyager_blue.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 266
  • voyager_cut.jpg
    voyager_cut.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Most of the time I usually set it up before assembly. I like to see if the color of the parts I chose will look good after the blank is turned. Yours looks like it matched up nicely!

magpens

Seems like a pretty good way to get a "preview" of the finished look !

Just a comment/question about the Voyager pen kit ... the clip looks to be a bit on the bulky side ... is that, in fact, the case ?

philipff

That is an essential step when the instructions are so poorly displayed that they make no sense. Even the drawings on some are in ink and you can not tell one part from the other! -- -are you listening Berea ??

Dale Allen

Seems like a pretty good way to get a "preview" of the finished look !

Just a comment/question about the Voyager pen kit ... the clip looks to be a bit on the bulky side ... is that, in fact, the case ?

Yes, the clip is big and heavy. The whole pen will be way heavier than a cigar style. But I'd never use it to write much, it's just a showpiece.

KenB259

Please don't take offense, but I just don't see the point. You,ve done all the work, short of assembly. Have you ever decided to not assemble based on your pictures you create?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Dale Allen

Please don't take offense, but I just don't see the point. You,ve done all the work, short of assembly. Have you ever decided to not assemble based on your pictures you create?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

This is the first time doing this photo editing. My intent was to see if I liked the blank to kit matchup.
It would be much easier to turn the wood off the tubes and start over or order an extra set of tubes than it would be to take the pen apart after assembly. I like this one well enough that I'll likely assemble it but there is no hurry.

Top Bottom