Veterans Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

1636635800079.jpeg

I'm proud to be a veteran and give thanks to all my fellow vets....

I think it would be an interesting compilation to know what years you served, what branch and last rating and duty station.
I joined shortly after high school, Sep 1960 through August 1964. USNavy, last rate/rank, E5, Second class Radioman.
While I never served in country, I am considered a Vietnam era veteran.

magpens

THANK YOU to all veterans !!! . . . You ALL have paid a huge price for the freedoms we enjoy today . . . much appreciated !!!

I lost an uncle . . . who died on his birthday in 1944 at the Battle of Cassino in Italy . . .

. . . although I was too young to know him, the grief of his loss is still palpable.

egnald

Although I am not a veteran myself, I am incredibly appreciative to all of those that are. My father, PFC Leonard Lange, 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion, landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day. His unit received the Presidential Unit Citation for extraordinary determination and esprit de corps in accomplishing their mission under extremely difficult conditions. The collective degree of combat heroism against the enemy by the unit is the same as which would warrant the individual awards of Distinguished Service Cross, Air Force Cross, or Navy Cross. He never talked about his service much and it was only after he was gone that I learned about the significance of the citation.

A big Thank You to all of our Veterans for their service to all of us that continue to benefit from their courage and dedication to the United States of America. - Dave

Arnold

I was in the US Navy 1961-1965...I was an Aviation Ordnanceman Third Class...I made two West-Pac cruises off the coast of Vietnam on Aircraft Carriers and one year in-country Vietnam on the Bien Hoa Air Force Base...

TonyL

I would love to see veteran, active military, LEO, First Responder added (as an option) under the member's name.
US, UK, CN, AU entry - whatever country.

I didn't take choose the honor of any of these - but have friends, family members that did. I am incredibly appreciative.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Texas National Guard & US Army Reserve - 1969-1975. I went to OCS at the TNG training center at Austin, TX after basic training where I received a commission in the US Army & served out the remainder of my enlistment as an Army Reserve Officer. Final rank was 1st Lieutenant & I was the Executive Officer of my guard unit in charge of monthly & summer training exercises. Our unit was never activated, but we were on standby alert a couple of times.

Top Bottom