Very special pen for our oldest Son,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi All,
I finished it this afternoon. I cast the blanks earlier this week. I had one failure on the top blank. The tube moved again. For the second effort, I used a couple of extra drops of MEKP to speed up cure time. All the time hoping it didn't get hot and fail. But it worked fine.
The WABDL is a power lifting organization. All they lift is bench press and dead lift. The BDL stands for Bench Dead Lift, I'm not sure what the WA is for. They are international. At the World Finals last year they had folks from other countries. Gene took 2nd last year at the finals in the 259 pound class. (243-259 only) He did it with a lift of 435 pounds. This year he "will" win 1rst, baring any unforeseen injuries. The last time we talked he lifted 530 at the gym. "No one" is even close to that in his class. In fact, if he lifts that, he will automatically be bumped into a higher class. (open class) The finals are in Nov. So when he wins I will present him with the pen. He will be ecstatic, he will love it. And this pen is only good for one thing. If he doesn't win, it stays in my pocket and goes in a drawer.

Here are a couple of shots, so you can see all the text,

20079922129_WABDL650.jpg

200799221227_WABDL2650.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

Steve, your son will be doubly proud when he wins, one time for the championship, and the second time for YOU giving him such a special and gorgeous pen. Wish him well, and tell him to use plenty of rosin

Rob

cutterwoodjoe

Steve,
Good luck to your son, and the pen came out awesome. It sounds funny but I like pens with meaning more than pens for money. Nice job

Firefyter-emt

That looks awesome Steve, and I pray that it does not go into a drawer! However, if that ends up being the case... Me personaly, I would tear it apart and throw away the blanks. It all depends on how he would take it if for some reason he found the pen one day. I would think it would be a great dissapointment to loose and the pen could be a sore reminder down the road.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Well done again and congrats to your son in advance. Think you've really mastered the technique. You must be on your 4th or 5 gallon of resin by now[:D]. I just may have to retire from casting and farm out my needs to you.

stevers

Thanks all, we are hoping for the best at the finals. I am pretty confident he will take it all. And I am really looking forward to presenting him with the pen.
Bruce, you sure you want to hear my rate?[8D][8D] Joking, I'll give my mentor a discount.
Frank, he actually thought I was going to be able to spot him. Maybe spot him in a crowd. I spotted him in the finals last year and about popped a button just helping him lift off.
Good point Lee. Better to destroy the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom