Vertex Pen with Burgundy Madreperlato blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NJturner

NJturner

While I wait for my group tap and die purchase to come, I thought I would make a couple kit pens so I could turn while I wait! Found a nice gun metal PSI Vertex pen kit in my inventory that has a long blank for showing off the Burgundy Madreperlato resin blank. I know with the advent of Alumilite, Madreperlato isn't as popular as it once was, but I still really like it. It has a nice depth, great colors, turns really nice, and buffs and polishes to a deep sheen if you take your time with it.

Hope you like!

Madreperlato Vertex Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !!

That Madreperlato is very beautiful !!!

Where do you buy that blank material ?

NJturner

Nice work !!

That Madreperlato is very beautiful !!!

Where do you buy that blank material ?
Hi Magpens -
I bought a bunch of these blanks probably 10 years ago from Exoticblanks.com. I was really into pen turning a dozen years or so ago and put together a good stock of stuff, and then burned out on penmaking. Getting back to it again, so its like Christmas when I go digging in my storage boxes! I've got another half dozen of these blanks left in different colors, so will show a couple more over time.

The only time I have seen madreperlato being sold occasionally lately is on ebay. Last post I saw on this on IAP was in 2011.

David350

I have a stash of those blanks as well. Did you have to paint the tubes or inside of the blanks? I might have to start using them as you made a great looking pen....

Top Bottom