Vertex Frustration!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jolie77

Made a very pretty acrylic vertex, my husband takes them to work with him and finds interested people in them, well this vertex he said fell out of the case on to the hard linoleum floor & the cap broke off. So he gets home this eve, asks me to fix, I thought at first I could, but the cap has broken off from the plastic inside the mechanism. I thought I would be able to screw the cap back on, nope. I guess this is what I have heard people making the stratus have had difficulty with. But I've made "adjustments" to the stratus, just wished I had realized the same issues with both. Oh well, another pen donor if I can get the acrylic off carefully. šŸ˜¬ And after it had been dropped the pen to comes out to far and doesn't retract all the way anymore... ugh... prob be writing off this kit from now on.
This is a pic of how it was before it got dropped. I really liked it, but if I liked it that much maybe I shouldn't have said that so loud! šŸ¤£

Jolie77

20210409_183426.jpg
20210409_183426.jpg

Vertex are tricky pens for sure. I love the outcome on them and most of the people, like 99.9%, love them but I've had my fair share of problems with them. Not sure how to fix your problem but know theirs others, like you, having the same problems.

I love the Vertex myself and I sell a bunch of them but I've had the same issue. I found that I can usually stick the point of a sharp object (an Exacto knife for example) in the hole in the part that's broken off in the cap and unscrew/remove it. That's the easy part. Then I can often (not always) take something to reinforce the hole (a very tiny piece of wood for example) and use a tiny amount of CA to put the plastic parts back together. I tried doing this with the broken piece still in the cap but I got CA on it = disaster. Doesn't always work but when it does, the repair seems good.
Now, I haven't done this often, less than 1/2 dozen times. Let us know if/what your results are.
Nice pen, by the way. Excellent finish.
And, hey, Penn State - how about modifying this to eliminate the problem?

Top Bottom