Vertex Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed Weingarden

I've got a Vertex click pen that I need to disassemble. If I put a disassembly rod in to push out the click assembly, it pull be pushing on the plastic part of the mechanism. I've already messed up a plastic click mechanism when trying to disassemble it; I'd rather not repeat the mistake. Any ideas how to get the Vertex click mechanism out intact? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wouldentu2?

You need a brass tube from different style pen that you can just insert in the tube that clears the mechanism and you can rap on.
I think I used a tube from a long clicker. Others might work.

I've had LIMITED success by rocking the click mechanism in the tube. Sometimes that distorts the tube just enough to get it out. Of course, the tube (and the blank) is/are toast. But the mechanism is (sometimes) okay. Last resort.

Ed Weingarden

Update - I didn't have a different size tube to attempt the approach suggested by @wouldentu2, so I tried using a rod again, in the disassembly mode of my pen press. There was no play between the rod and the inner surface of the tube, so I knew that the rod would push on the edge of the mechanism, and not on the center. With a hope and a prayer, I pushed very gently with steady pressure; the click assembly came out intact. Problem solved!

Top Bottom