Vertex bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jamesbil

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if Vertex bushings are the same as anything else? eg sierra etc.

Thanks

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Which Vertex kit ? . There are 3 different V. kits from PSI.

If you go on the PSI website ... PennStateInd.com ... and look up the specific kit, it should tell you if the required bushings are the same as for any other (PSI) kit.

Hope you find what you want.

EdM

Penn State has a downloadable bushings book that provides details and cross references on all kits & bushings.
Vertex Kits are on pg. 219.

PenPal

Even using bushings has its pitfalls I cut mine down so I have clearance while I turn down and to keep CA etc off the bushings. Using a caliper is necessary as has been said kits vary and besides measure twice pays dividends.

Go well.

Peter.

larryc

I came across a situation today regarding the Vertex Roller Ball / Fountain Pen instruction sheet.
I recently purchased 5 of each of these component sets and while I very seldom use bushings I always look at the provided instruction sheets to make sure there are no surprises. These pens have what I would call railroad wheel type couplers between the barrel and the nib and cap sections. There is a flat valley between two rims on each of the couplers.
I measured the couplers at the top of each rim and my calipers measured .505 but the bushing diameter on the instruction sheet is .460.
I called Penn State and they told me that the finished barrel diameter is designed to be below the coupler by approximately .045.
This is a first for me and wonder if anyone else has run into this and if there are any other components sets where the component parts are not the same size as the finished barrel?

Attachments

• Vertex RBFP.pdf
    199 KB · Views: 131

magpens

Yes ! . But if you want to know which, then please start a new thread so that this info does not get hopelessly buried in foreign soil.
Often you don't have to make the pen according to the instructions and the PSI-designed bushings ... Things turn out fine ... probably even better ... when you follow your own inclinations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom