Vendor Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm fine to revise the fee structure - getting more vendors is fairly important. Although we are WAY ahead of donations - that will help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Argo13

If it will help get vendors, it is worth exploring. Since vendors will drive attendance, would offering a % of the any overage be a possibility.( I am still being optimistic)

Jason

Magicbob

how about they can set up free if they donate door prizes.
I am not sure how attendee registration is going, but we do have a bit of a nut to crack.
Maybe we divide the prizes into groups. Ie. Door Prizes, Secondary and Main raffles.
All paid attendees get a door prize ticket, and we sell Secondary and Mains as well as a 50/50. this will help raise the funds without charging those who are helping put it on.

Thoughts?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I favor Magic's thoughts to divide some of the "Premium" donations as raffles and 50/50'ish... Just need to make sure the vendors donating those are OK with them not being a total free donation.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
After having talked with Ed I think that Magic's idea is the way to go. My take-away from my conversation with Ed is that for vendors like Exotics, Classic Nib, Arizona Silhouette, etc. the $100 fee is not the issue. Exotics will be paying $300.00 this July to set up at Turn on Chicago and won't think twice about it. For Ed, it is a matter of what customers can be gained and what relationships can be built. To close down Exotics for a weekend, select product to bring and estimate how much of that product you will need, travel, set-up, tear down, travel and then play catch up is a hardship. They are willing to make that sacrifice for a crowds of several thousand people, most of whom may have never heard of Exotic Blanks. It's a chance to interest bowl turners in penturning and grow Exotic's customer base. At the MPG we are talking about 100 people, most of whom are already customers of Exotics. Then there is the minimal profit to be realized (I won't get into that). Bottom line, Is there an advantage to Exotics for being there? No. Ed says they haven't ruled it out but there is a stronger chance that they will attend as Ed and Dawn, not Exotic Blanks.

Couple what Ed told me with what Rich told me and it seems more ligical to go after smaller vendors. To make it more attractive to the smaller vendor we would have to eliminate the vendor registration fee. If a larger vendor comes and sets up, fine. That may be an incentive for more people to attend.

I think we should waive the registration fee, require a door prize and do some raffles (Magic's suggestion) I will still contact larger vendors but I will especially seek out the smaller vendors, blank makers, etc.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here is what I intend to start posting. I wanted to share it here first because I did take several liberties, such as still requiring a $20 registration fee and retaining the $10 charge for extra tables.
Midwest Penturners Gathering Vendor Registration Fee Revised
The Midwest Penturners Gathering is inviting vendors to set up during the event for only the $20 individual event registration fee and the donation of a door prize that you believe accurately represents your business' support of penturners and penturning! This is a substantial reduction from the previous $100 vender registration fee.
Setting up as a vendor at the MPG is an opportunity for larger vendors to meet the customers who have been buying on-line for years! It is a chance for smaller vendors to develop some relationships and introduce a group of avid penturners with your products. Whether it be tools, blanks or other supplies / materials, the MPG is where you want to be. MPG attendees go to the event to meet other penturners, learn some new techniques, enter contests, win prizes and BUY stuff. Why not sell them your stuff?
Dates: April 8 & 9, 2016
Place: Comfort Inn and Suites
5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, OH 44281
Remember, to be a vendor at the MPG you must only provide a door prize in addition to the normal registration fee. Vendors will receive an 8' table and chairs. Additional tables are available for $10 each if needed.

Stay up to date about the MPG by visiting and liking our Facebook Page!

Turn-Tex and Hartville Hardware are definites, correct? anyone else that I forgot about?

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have just been informed via Facebook that Taco Sleeze will not be able to vend at the MPG.

I do not have nearly the diversity of what he (Taco) had, but I can cut enough from my contact in Brecksville to fill a table. I'll be able to bring 200-400 blanks. Oh well, it will work! I'll take his spot. Better get home quick! :frown:

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
I cut up some boards I had and have blanks 3/4 sq. by 5 1/4" long
17 cocobolo, 5 bocote plus 4 shorts,
20 tulipwood plus 12 shorts, 8 zebrawood, 8 canarywood, 3 African blackwood plus 1 that is cracked, I will donate them with sales going to cover our expenses.

Top Bottom