Vendor question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

CPOoutlets. Need some feedback. Considering a new Jet from them. Anyone dealt with them?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I noticed that the "sale" price they quote on their site for the Jet 1221VS (Jet 719200 JWL-1221VS 12-1-2 in. x 20-1-2 in. Woodworking Lathe) is the same as the regular price as sold by WC, CS USA and just about any other Jet retailer. They do seem to be blowin' a bit of smoke. I bought mine from WC for $120 less than CPOonline's "sale" price.

I thought it was a gift? ;-)

That's a common thing I think. If the sale is over in will be $799 everywhere. Shipping and tax
will still be variables.

If you missed the sale, that's a bummer.

Carl Fisher

I've also noticed that the CPO outlet is typically the same as street price for most things. You'll occasionally find a deal on a refurb of some sorts, but most of the time it's the same price to buy new from a reseller.

WriteON

I noticed that the "sale" price they quote on their site for the Jet 1221VS (Jet 719200 JWL-1221VS 12-1-2 in. x 20-1-2 in. Woodworking Lathe) is the same as the regular price as sold by WC, CS USA and just about any other Jet retailer. They do seem to be blowin' a bit of smoke.

I bought mine from WC for $120 less than CPOonline's "sale" price.

1221 was on sale 11/29-12/2 for $679.

Got the Jet 1015VS for $492 today NIB. Bought it a hour or so ago. I just noticed the price changed on their website. When to $579.99. I got lucky or I'm getting hosed.(which I doubt).

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Be aware the all most if not all of what they sell is refurbished. This can be a good thing as it means it most likely been retested.
I ordered a 5 piece (IIRC) 18volt Porter Cable drill, saw light etc combo from them about a year ago. All the hardware worked fine, except the batteries were rebuilt also and would not hold a charge. A few days short of the dead line for returns, I called them about the problem and was told they would not replace just the batteries, but I could send everything back and the would replace everything. I ended up sending everything back for a refund as I didn't want to fool with more remanufactured batteries. Within a day of them receiving the items back, I received a credit for them on my CC account.
Overall their CS was excellent. Will I order from them again? Maybe. Depends on the item and if the price is right.

WriteON

Be aware the all most if not all of what they sell is refurbished. This can be a good thing as it means it most likely been retested.
I ordered a 5 piece (IIRC) 18volt Porter Cable drill, saw light etc combo from them about a year ago. All the hardware worked fine, except the batteries were rebuilt also and would not hold a charge. A few days short of the dead line for returns, I called them about the problem and was told they would not replace just the batteries, but I could send everything back and the would replace everything. I ended up sending everything back for a refund as I didn't want to fool with more remanufactured batteries. Within a day of them receiving the items back, I received a credit for them on my CC account.
Overall their CS was excellent. Will I order from them again? Maybe. Depends on the item and if the price is right.

Hi. The lathe is listed as new. The invoice states new. If that varies I'll simply return it. Thanks for the heads up.
Here is the listing. I asked the salesperson to verify it is NIB>
1 JETN719110 - NEW Jet 10" x 15" 1/2 HP Variable Speed W
1 DISCDS - Preferred Customer Discount Given By

Last edited:

WriteON

Sort of glad I got the 1015 instead of the 1221. I can hardly move the 1015. The 1221 would serve as a lawn decoration. Received the unit NIB. Will remove, inspect, run tomorrow.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 140

WriteON

A quick review of CPOoutlets. Everything went as planned. They shipped on the day I requested. ( I needed to defer the delivery date for 2 days). Lathe is NIB. Price was as quoted with no surprises. I did get in on a sale price. They were accommodating. I would deal again.

The 1015VS came with no damage. I did check it...it's working ok. I should be up and running next weekend. I can't comment on the lathe at this point but it is a small tank. It is heavy and built. I enjoy my 1/4hp CarbaTec. but the Jet is going to be a serious addition/upgrade to my small projects. (pen making & woodworking)

Last edited:

Jgrden

Sort of glad I got the 1015 instead of the 1221. I can hardly move the 1015. The 1221 would serve as a lawn decoration. Received the unit NIB. Will remove, inspect, run tomorrow.

Some people are just plain lucky. Or smarter than the average bear.

WriteON

Lucky. Not smart. And ya know what....luck beats smarts.
I'm going to do a run of Bolt pens. Mag, Mini and 30 ca. That particular pen fascinates me and anyone that sees one.
Wood is nice but acrylic is made for Bolt pens.

Jgrden

I'm going to do a run of Bolt pens. Mag, Mini and 30 ca. That particular pen fascinates me and anyone that sees one.

Is that the PSI, bolt action rifle pen with a rifle clip!!! 24k heavy gold plate? Does it have the popular Parker ink filler? :eek:

WriteON

Is that the PSI, bolt action rifle pen with a rifle clip!!! 24k heavy gold plate? Does it have the popular Parker ink filler? :eek:

Yes,Yes and yes. Not sure about "heavy" gold plate.
BTW...nice BOLT ava ala Fanatic

Last edited:

WriteON

New lathe question.
The Jet has a protective coating that has to be removed with a cleaner degreaser. What should I use?
Also is there a good quality high intensity light I can attach to the lathe.

jrecord

New lathe question. The Jet has a protective coating that has to be removed with a cleaner degreaser. What should I use? Also is there a good quality high intensity light I can attach to the lathe.
get the $9.95 IKEA LED lamp and add three magnets to the base.

TonyL

I ordered from them (new and refurbished) and never had a problem. I do believe others had a issue with. I have actually asked (asked and some have agreed) if a Woodcraft/Rockler/Peachtree would match CPO price and some have. I also found Peachtree WW to offer 20% off Jet when the others were offering 10%.

Top Bottom