Vendor List - suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Hi all,

I thought I'd post a list of the vendors that I've been in contact with, and those that I've been planning on contacting, and see if there are any additions/subtractions to be made.

Contacted:
River Ridge
Tools for Working Wood
KMS tools
Beartooth woods
Lee Valley
Packard Woodwokrs
Lee Tree Woodworks
Choice Woods
Dale the Burl Guy
Beall Tool
Grizzly
Ruth Niles
WoodnWHimsies
WOodturningz
William WOodwrite
Glimmerznmore
Woodcraft
PSI
Rockler
Hut
Oneway
Pipe Maker's Emporium
Hartville Tool
Little Machien Shop
Griffin Exotic Woods

Planning to contact:
Membership at Large
Kallenshaan
Suffolk Machinery??
Gilmer Wood Co.?
Alumilite
Klingspor
CSUSA
Woodcraft
Berea??

Any other suggestions? Are there names on the "Planning to contact" list that you have good relations with? Any of the above that haven't donated and you know someone to put the screws to? :wink: Let me know!

I haven't made it through the list completely yet, but once I do, I'll be doing follow-ups, so that might get some more prizes in line...it's just after the holidays too, so a lot of decision makers were on holidays, and now have to deliberate.

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

What about Stan Cook (mrcook4570)? He would probably donate some type of laser engraving service or something. And he may plan on donating something as we get into the bash.
Just a thought.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
As the owner of Heritance™ Accessories, I will donate the following, including shipping to any member worldwide.

1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components (Retail $50)
2. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short) (Retail $80
3. Five pack of large Heritance™ SF nibs (Retail ($50)
4. Five pack of small Heritance™ SF nibs (Retail $50)
5. Five pack of single, acrylic pen stands (Retail $25)
6. Two leather, zippered pen cases (fits all pen sizes!) (Retail $50)

Heritance™ is a trademark of Heritage Pens, LLC

www.heritagepens.com

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
In case you missed it...I have an excellent relationship with the head honcho at Alumilite and will contact him. He will certainly do something.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
As the owner of Heritance™ Accessories, I will donate the following, including shipping to any member worldwide.

1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components
2. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short)
3. Five pack of large Heritance™ SF nibs
4. Five pack of small Heritance™ SF nibs
5. Five pack of single, acrylic pen stands
6. Two leather, zippered pen cases (fits all pen sizes!)

Heritance™ is a trademark of Heritage Pens, LLC

www.heritagepens.com

I'm assuming this is a single prize pack, right Lou?

Andrew

melogic

Thanks Lou! That is some awesome stuff.
That's what I really love about this site, we can always count on our membership to step up to the plate.

Randy_

West Penn Hardwoods, Inc.

Curious Woods

Augum's Pen Works

Amazon Exotic Hardwoods, Inc

Bad Dog's Burl Source

Gorilla Glue

Woodturning Designs or other pen magazines might donate a free subscription?

The above are all advertisers in Woodturning Design Magazine if you need to locate contact information.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andrew,

You can count on Dawn and I for a couple packages (each) as well.

My thinking (subject to correction by anyone) is that the "packages" should be about $60 worth of stuff or so. Enough to motivate people to try, but also a manageable size for the "donors" to be able to do more than one.

Of course, if CSUSA wants to donate a lathe, we HAVE a GRAND prize for something. Also there should be a differentiation in first,second and third place prizes (as we move up to first, there should be more ICING on their Kringle - surprise, those things actually cost us $25 a piece - shipped to USA, we have shipped to Australia -- but they HAVE created interest.

My point is, the purpose of the bash is to entertain the members, more than anything. So, the prize is really an "add-on". They are competing to "one-up" each other and gain "braggin rights". THAT is the attitude I think we want to encourage.

Just MY opinion, what's YOURS (question directed to ALL readers, not just Andrew)????

Last edited:

DocStram

You might want to think about adding Rockler and Highland Woodworking in Atlanta.

Andrew .... I assume that you're thinking of making an announcement seeking donations from IAP members... right? Will you be doing that in the Casual Conversation forum? Have any idea when you might be making the donation request?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Doc,

As I understand it, Lou will be including the Powermatic with the sale of his home, should that ever happen.

"Some assembly required" took on a whole new meaning when he had to rewire the lower level!!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
You might want to think about adding Rockler and Highland Woodworking in Atlanta.

Andrew .... I assume that you're thinking of making an announcement seeking donations from IAP members... right? Will you be doing that in the Casual Conversation forum? Have any idea when you might be making the donation request?

Cav and I talked about this a while back...he indicated that as Grand Pubah, he was going to make the announcement...I am not sure when he was planning on doing so, but I'm ready whenever he is!

Andrew

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member

My contact at Rockler's not responding yet, and I hadn't thought of Highland Woodworking...it's on my list now...

Andrew

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Whoaaaa Lou .... we really appreciate your generosity. Although, I was kind of hoping that you would donate that Powermatic Lathe for a Bash gift. Oh well. :rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I had thought about donating a Delta mini, but do you have any idea what the shipping would be if our member in Singapore won? :eek:

Randy_

I'm not familiar with many of them, except West Penn, and I think they have a minimum order of $100. Is Augum's a reputable company? I know it's a Steebar reseller, and I've been hesitant about anything at all Steebar-related.

Augum's is "NOT" a Steebar reseller and as far as I know, they are not associated with Steebar in any way.

As I understand it, they are a PSI reseller.

When I first saw their ad a year or so ago, I was not familiar with them either so I posted on IAP asking for information. There were several responses saying Augum's were good folks and there were "NO" negative comments.

I have not done any business with them so cannot give you a first-hand assessment.

I checked the BBB and the company has been a member since Jan 2007 with zero complaints and an A+ rating.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Worth watching!!

If I win Lou's Powermatic ... I'll pick it up personally!

As I recall, that weighs about 600 pounds, ya oughta invite Doc over to "Pick it up" sometime, LOU!!!

He doesn't say anything about moving it, so he's just out for the exercise - but should be good entertainment!! I'll supply the popcorn!

DocStram

As I recall, that weighs about 600 pounds, ya oughta invite Doc over to "Pick it up" sometime, LOU!!!

He doesn't say anything about moving it, so he's just out for the exercise - but should be good entertainment!! I'll supply the popcorn!

Hey Ed ..... put a 600 pound PowerMatic in front of me ... and just watch me find a way to get that baby in my pickup!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Doc - I'd suggest you come visit this sucker first. It's a monster in addition to being heavy. If you leave a pen on it, it gets lost!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Cav and I talked about this a while back...he indicated that as Grand Pubah, he was going to make the announcement...I am not sure when he was planning on doing so, but I'm ready whenever he is!

Andrew

First a Cavendish and now a Pubah??:wink::biggrin:

I was away from the computer for awhile. I will post a request for member donors now.

Top Bottom