Vendor Expectations Too High?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyDiver

We are going out of town next Saturday and need some pen sleeves for the pens that are going to be Christmas presents, etc. Rather than pay flat rate shipping for a few 20 cent sleeves, we included some pen kits and pen boxes in the order which totaled about $50 with shipping. Got an email from the vendor to say that the order shipped yesterday via PARCEL POST!!??? This time of year, there is no way it will arrive by Friday. Every other time we have ordered from this vendor, it was shipped Priority Mail, so I expected the same. His reasoning was that because we added half a dozen pen boxes to the order, it was too big to go Priority.

Right now I am NOT happy :(. Am I being unreasonable? Had he contacted me, I would have happily paid a little additional in shipping to ensure it got here on time, but I wasn't given the option.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Eric, I would be none too happy too. How many sleeves do you need? I think I might be able to help. Best would probably be someone a bit closer... like JimGo. [;)] But I'd be glad to help if I can.

mdburn_em

Are you being unreasonable? Who can really say. Hindsight is 20-20. Being that it is the Christmas season and merchandise is traditionally slow moving, I might have thought to step up my normal shipping mode BECAUSE everything slows to a crawl at this time of year. I would have wanted to make sure everything got here on time. For some reason, I enjoy worrying about things like that...I must because I do it so much.[V]
I'm not sure Priority would move as per normal at this time of year so you may have been stuck anyway.
Now that you know, can you place an order for the tubes and 2nd day it so you can have the joy of giving those hand-crafted presents in the tubes you originally envisioned?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Well, I expect that the vendor will ship via the cheapest method unless I specify otherwise. I don't really expect them to call and question me about my order. My opinion doesn't solve the problem, though, but I can help if you will email me your address and how many you need. It shouldn't take more than 1st class mail to travel from Northern Virginia by Friday.

SteveRoberts

I have to say that if you are ordering this time of year you should be responsible for addressing the shipping issue proactively.

I order things sometimes months in advance because any number of things can come up, shortages, lost items in the mail, backorders etc.

It could be called unreasonable to hold someone else responsible for your assumptions.

That being said, I just got 2000 sleeves for '07, I can spare 20 no problem, PM me if you need them.

Steve

bnoles

Eric,

I have about a dozen out in the shop and can mail them from Atlanta in the morning if you need my help also...Let me know.

NavyDiver

You guys are right. I shouldn't assume that just because every other order has been shipped via priority mail, that the next one will be. I've been in the Navy long enough to know what ASSUME means. I accept full responsibility for my failure to be clear that I needed the product expeditiously. Thanks to those of you that have offered to help, I will email you separately.

SteveRoberts

Your 20 are in the PRIORITY BOX, btw Eric, I am a lifer brat. Glad to help.

Originally posted by NavyDiver
<br />You guys are right. I shouldn't assume that just because every other order has been shipped via priority mail, that the next one will be. I've been in the Navy long enough to know what ASSUME means. I accept full responsibility for my failure to be clear that I needed the product expeditiously. Thanks to those of you that have offered to help, I will email you separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom