Valentines Day Mistral Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toddlf

toddlf

I made a beautiful pen using a pen blank from Toni Ransfield at Clay Pen Blanks. I also used a Mistral Rollerball pen kit that I bought at Turner's Warehouse. My experience with both venders was top notch.

I applied about 15 coats of Stick Fast Thin CA and about 5 coats of Stick Fast Medium CA. I sanded with 600 grit sand paper and Micro-Mesh Abrasive Pads. I applied Novus 3, Novus 2, and Novus 1 Plastic Polish. This pen will be a gift for my wife. I couldn't be happier.

Please Find my YouTube video where I made the pen here: https://youtu.be/2RHL7ssBTUY

Attachments

• IMG_6218.jpg
    IMG_6218.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_6215.jpg
    IMG_6215.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlf

I spoke with Toni Ransfield today, and I want to pass on some info from her. She does not recommend using Stick Fast CA on her blanks. Stick Fast is known to create a Shattered Glass Effect. I have not experienced this, but this is not the first time I have heard this. I am in the process of converting to Mercury Flex. I just received my shipment so there was no way I was going to experiment with it on one of her blanks. Toni Recommends BSI Super Gold Medium. And, if it is good enough for her, I will be getting some ASAP. Thank you Toni.

Top Bottom