Vacuum pump

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Good day folks, I have a vacuum pump tha just bit the dust,
I use it for my wood lathe to pull a vacuum to hold various pieces to a faceplate
Anyone have any recommendations and experience for a new one
Many thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I've been looking for a new vacuum pump to replace the one I allowed some Cactus Juice to get into. They are rather expensive. amazon has lower prices than Harbor freight for 'equivalent' CFM rated pumps. I know, I know....cheap crap. To buy american would cost an arm and a leg and seems like could 3 of the cheap models for price of one made local. 3cfm from McMaster are upwards of $500+. Amazon 3.5 CFM are <$100.
Have you been using a filter on yours? I will definately make an intermediate vessel next time for mine. The CJ foamed up and I didnt catch it in time before it got to my pump.

PatrickR

After burning through a cheap one I went with this one for stabilizing
it is one recommended by Curtis, MIUSA and fully rebuildable. Zoro often does good sales. I think I got 25% off.

InkyMike

After burning through a cheap one I went with this one for stabilizing
it is one recommended by Curtis, MIUSA and fully rebuildable. Zoro often does good sales. I think I got 25% off.
I picked up a JB pump off of EBay for a song that was available for a local pickup - it's one of the platinum series. I also bought the rebuild kit from Grainger (I suspect I'll need it). Waiting for my parts from Curtis to test it out.

PatrickR

I picked up a JB pump off of EBay for a song that was available for a local pickup - it's one of the platinum series. I also bought the rebuild kit from Grainger (I suspect I'll need it). Waiting for my parts from Curtis to test it out.
Since you are waiting I would be tempted to do the rebuild now. Like starting with a new one.

gimpy

I've been looking for a new vacuum pump to replace the one I allowed some Cactus Juice to get into. They are rather expensive. amazon has lower prices than Harbor freight for 'equivalent' CFM rated pumps. I know, I know....cheap crap. To buy american would cost an arm and a leg and seems like could 3 of the cheap models for price of one made local. 3cfm from McMaster are upwards of $500+. Amazon 3.5 CFM are <$100.
Have you been using a filter on yours? I will definately make an intermediate vessel next time for mine. The CJ foamed up and I didnt catch it in time before it got to my pump.
yes I have been using a filter,

Gary Beasley

If you're worried about the juice getting into your pump you need to build a liquid trap between the tank and the pump. A mason jar with fittings in the lid going in and out, incoming longer into the jar so splatter wont get into the pump end.

Top Bottom