Vacuum Pump

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalboy

I have been given a 2rs-1 vacuum pump no name on it. It made a noise when run it had no oil in it and what is left was clear. I have managed to clean it out and sort the noise out hopefully but will not know until I can give it a longer run which I need oil can anyone recomend what grade oil should be used in it. I have found oils for vacuum pumps but the grades vary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
All I've ever seen, and used, was called vacuum pump oil. No sae rating or viscosity shown. I'm not really sure what you're asking. I get my oil from Napa and it works just fine and it isn't expensive.

Dalboy

All I've ever seen, and used, was called vacuum pump oil. No sae rating or viscosity shown. I'm not really sure what you're asking. I get my oil from Napa and it works just fine and it isn't expensive.

It is the best rating that I am looking for as there are various ones advertised in places.

Considering there are only a few base stock oil suppliers in the U.S., you'd probably want to go with a brand name and stay away from the off brand stuff. Some will say use a synthetic but since you'll be changing the pump oil frequently that would get very expensive in the long run. Go with a name brand of any of the major brands, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Shell to name a few and you'll do okay. If you want more info look up chevronlubes.com and do a search on the product. That should help you even more. Hope this helps.

chartle

For some reason this caught my eye.

71JaGjeDOhL._AC_UL115_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PKWHNK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

More4dan

I found Castrol Vaccum pump oil at my local AutoZone store. Maybe check your local auto parts store.

Top Bottom