VA Home Opening soon in Fayetteville. Volunteers needed for Pen turning activity!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

While we haven't been very active on IAP, the Central Arkansas Pen Turners have been active as a group with Both the VA Hospital and The Veterans Home, both in North Little Rock. Over the past 7 years, many thousands of pens have been made by patients in hospital, and residents in the VA home. The hospital has 12 lathes in 2 different areas, and the home has 2.

I think we can all remember our first pen, and how thrilled we were at the result and that we made it ourselves. Now as volunteers, we get to see 1st hand the thrill of someone experiencing the same thing.

Now, there is going to be a dedicated pen lab in the VA Home in Fayetteville. There may also be plans for a turning center in the VA hospital, but I'm nott sure about that. If you are a pen turner in the Fayetteville area, and can spend half a day a week helping retired veterans become involved in making pens, please reply in this thread, or send me a DM. This program doesn't work without volunteers.

Top Bottom