UV Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Yes there was a time here that was a rage. Different people tested UV resins as finishes aand had mixed results. You may want to do a search for past threads dealing with this topic. I am sure names of resins were brought up. Sorry I do not have the time to search for you but will say it is possible but you need a certain light source too from what I remember. Some were better than others. Maybe some of the member who played with this will chime in. I know of a few who are still active here. good luck. If you do some testing let us all know your findings.

nebens

Thanks JT, I have a vague memory of some threads on this but have not been able to find them. I just thought this might be a good alternitive to CA during the cold winter months.

Penchant 4

Can UV resin be used as a finish instead of CA?
Yes. The wavelength of the light source must match the wavelength of the particular resin...at least for reliable results. Also, the Sun is a great light source as its UV output covers pretty much all wavelengths.

Check out Scott Grove (Easy Inlay); Berea; and BG Artforms for supplies. Each of them sell resin and wavelength matched flashlights.

NB: do not look into a UV light source. Some say not even to look at the reflected light. Think of looking into the Sun, or a welding arc...without the brightness. The damage is permanent.

Top Bottom