USS Texas pen & pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JeffT

JeffT

A friend at work asked me to make a pen and pencil set for him to give to the director of the USS Texas Foundation. He provided wood from the ship (which was launched in 1912) and a commemorative coin to use in the box. Ken at Kallenshaan woods was able to make the box so that the coin could be inserted and visible from both sides.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

Awesome job...how is the coin held in place? That is a great looking pen set. I served on the USS TEXAS CGN 39, lots of pride in vessels that bare the name of the Great State of Texas!

kyaggie

Fantastic job! As a native Texan, I would LOVE to have some wood from the USS Texas to make a personal pen out of.

Mike

JeffT

Awesome job...how is the coin held in place? That is a great looking pen set. I served on the USS TEXAS CGN 39, lots of pride in vessels that bare the name of the Great State of Texas!

I provided the diameter of the coin and Ken was able to cut the hole to that diameter. The coin stayed in place pretty well with just friction fitting but I applied a couple of drops of CA with a toothpick around the back edges to lock it in place.

Top Bottom