Used Pen Blank Molds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
REVISED 2/9/21. All of the Gator Molds are gone. 9 Dogbone Molds left, now $15 + Shipping each.

For sale are 12 9 Dogbone tube-in pen blank molds. Each mold has two cavities that measure 5.5" x 3/4". Dogbone molds are designed for label casting and are not well suited for casting full pen blanks. It can be done but removing the blank from the mold can be very difficult. These molds have seen a lot of use and admittedly, not properly cared for. Over the years the cavities have been scratched. Those scratches transfer onto the cast blank causing the bottom and sides of the blanks to not be as clear as I would like them to be when I offer blanks for sale. If you want some tube-in molds for personal use these are fine. Also included are 48 4 small stoppers (for tubes 7mm to 3/8") and over 48 4 large stoppers (for tubes 3/8" to 12.5mm) per mold.

The Dogbone tube-in pen blank molds along with 4 small stoppers and 4 large stoppers retail for $40.95. I will sell my used molds and stoppers as one lot for $240.00 ($20 per mold), including all the stoppers. I will pay domestic shipping. I will sell these used molds for $25 $20 $15 each, plus shipping. They will ship from Zip Code 43081. Each mold will include 4 small stoppers and 4 large stoppers. More information about Dogbone pen blank molds can be found by clicking HERE. If no one wants the lot (I'll give it 3 days) I'll sell them individually for $25 per mold PLUS shipping.

IMG_0223.jpgIMG_0224.jpgIMG_0225.jpgIMG_0229.jpg

All of the Gator Molds have been sold.
I also have five, 3 cavity Gator molds. Each cavity measures 5.25 x 27/32. The Gator molds can be used for full sized pen blanks or, with the proper stoppers, they can also be used for tube-in casting. No stoppers are included with the Gator molds but they can be obtained from Maneater Crafts. They use the same size stoppers as Maneater Craft's Dynobone Molds. These molds are in the same condition as the Dogbone molds described above. Maneater Crafts has discontinued the Gator molds but for comparison purposes they are similar to Maker's Choice 3 cavity molds from Turners Warehouse, which sell for $44.99. I'm asking $125.00 for all five molds ($25.00 per mold). I'll pay domestic shipping. If no one wants the lot within 3 days I'll offer them individually for $30.00 PLUS shipping. These molds are now $30 each, plus shipping. They will ship from Zip Code 43081.

IMG_0226.jpgIMG_0228.jpgIMG_0227.jpg

If anyone wants both sets of molds I'll let them go for $350.00. I'll pay domestic shipping.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

The remaining 9 Dogbone Molds are now $15.00 +shipping each. If they don't sell here at that price they will be listed on eBay.

henry1164

Although it's still early for me in the casting arena, I'll take them. It will give me incentive to move a little quicker in my personalized training!. PM will be sent. Thanks.

mbroberg

In the first post of this thread there are pictures. The four I have left are the ones that are shaped like a dogbone.

mbroberg

No problem Michael. You can cast any sized blank you want for the kits available on the market. The chambers are .75" X 5.5". You will receive 2 sets of stoppers. The small set of stoppers can be used with tubes from 7mm to 3/8". The larger set of stoppers are used with tubes 25/64 to 12.5mm. So, for instance, if you want to cast a blank for a Sierra you would place a large stopper in each end of a Sierra tube, place the tube in the mold and pour your resin. Here is a link to Maneater Crafts, which might explain it better.

Top Bottom