Use for sketch pencils?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I see lots of people making the sketch pencils and am wondering what people use them for or if you know what the people that buy/receive them use them for? I just personally wouldn't see myself using one, but then I hate pencils, so maybe that's just something weird about me. But I'm wondering if there would be a reason to start making them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

I use mine at work and when sketching rough ideas and layouts of rooms, my shop and projects I am thinking up. I am a Landscape Architect and have sold a few of the pencils to other LAs and some architects. I have an advance order for 5 or 6 that my boss's wife will give as gifts to her architect co-workers for christmas.

It helps me when sketching to stay loose in the design and keep an open mind to different options (I design parks mainly, ballfields, paly areas, pavilions, etc.). It is somewhat impressive when you pull out the big pencil at a meeting and start going to town on the design (my current one is corn cob and always get people interested). It doesn't hurt to have something big that people notice, then tell them you made it, too. I've sold more than a few pens because of it.

Jason

clewless

Now, now, Angela, sit back, relax and tell us more about your dislike for pencils. Did it start in elementary school math class?
Was it Buzz that forced you to sharpen his pencils, over and over till you got them right? Do you have an aversion to erasers? Are you frightened by big, fat carpenters' pencils?

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea for you to start making them...if you know the right Dr. they might be a tax deductible medical expense...[}:)][:D]

Intern Joe

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by clewless
<br />
Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea for you to start making them...if you know the right Dr. they might be a tax deductible medical expense...[}:)][:D]
Intern Joe

Joe, I may have to think about offering my business to you in lieu of the Doc. I like your advice especially if it can save me money. THe $888.88 current Doc fees are killing me[8]

-Peter-[:eek:)]

Rifleman1776

I put in the hard lead an use mine as a shop pencil.

2006726152630_Artisan%20Pencil.jpg
<br />

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />Now, now, Angela, sit back, relax and tell us more about your dislike for pencils. Did it start in elementary school math class?
Was it Buzz that forced you to sharpen his pencils, over and over till you got them right? Do you have an aversion to erasers? Are you frightened by big, fat carpenters' pencils?

Intern Joe

He's good, Angela!!!![:)][:)][:)][:D]

Dario

<br />Now, now, Angela, sit back, relax and tell us more about your dislike for pencils. Did it start in elementary school math class?

Intern Joe

LOL...yep he is good all right!

I will coin a phrase from someone I used to know who works in a somewhat similar field as you...

<b>"The patient that keeps me busy is myself."</b>

Not sure who she got it from but it stuck in my mind...because she is right and dead serious LOL [:D][}:)]

angboy

Originally posted by jthompson1995
<br />

It is somewhat impressive when you pull out the big pencil at a meeting and start going to town on the design (my current one is corn cob and always get people interested). It doesn't hurt to have something big that people notice, then tell them you made it, too. I've sold more than a few pens because of it.

Jason

Thanks for the info Jason- I can see where it would come in handy. But even before reading the rest of this thread, where I have to say the responses went downhill VERY fast, I had to chuckle at how some of your post could be read!

And from there it just got worse!!! [}:)][}:)]
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />I put in the hard lead an use mine as a shop pencil.

Sorry Frank , but I put in my hard lead in a more useful spot than my pencil[}:)] Couldn't resist.

-Peter-[;)]

angboy

Intern Joe

Ed's right Joe- you're doing very good! (He hasn't turned in any work in a little while now, I was starting to think he was slacking off, but apparently he's just been busy studying away!) You know, sometimes if someone is really good, I'll extend their internship for another year, but you have to apply again- up for it? [:D][:D]

Now it's tempting to say that big, fat carpenters' pencils don't frighten me, but sometimes some things can be too big to be very useful/comfortable. [}:)] But seriously, the reason I don't like pencils and don't allow them in my house is b/c I can't stand the residue that invariably gets on your hand after using one, and it just feels dirty to me.

clewless

Hmm, I see, Angela, tell me more...let's go back to your childhood...did you like crayons? Were you allowed to color "outside the box"? How about chalk at school, they still had that when you were there, didn't they? Does chalk "bother" you too?

So boss, is the above enough to earn me another semester of internship????pleeze........[;)][}:)][:eek:)]

Ron Mc

I use mine when I turn relaxing music on and start drawing designs for future pens. I love the one I have and will soon be looking for lead! Wait....what do I hear? Yes....The Phantom of the Opera and my sketchers pencil are calling![:D][;)]

angboy

<br />Hmm, I see, Angela, tell me more...let's go back to your childhood...did you like crayons? Were you allowed to color "outside the box"? How about chalk at school, they still had that when you were there, didn't they? Does chalk "bother" you too?

So boss, is the above enough to earn me another semester of internship????pleeze........[;)][}:)][:eek:)]

You are just impressing me very much Joe! I think we may have to move you up the status of "fellow" and we'll skip the additional "intern" time! You're WAY ahead of your peers! [:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom