Use for old towels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I just finished the second of three baseball blanks. I had an old towel that I used to wipe down the blank after each grit of MM. I was careful to use a different place each time. We have a two laundry hampers full of old towels. I am attached to one that I had 74 years ago. It has three penguins in a sail boat. OK, you can start kidding.
I plan on cutting a couple in strips to give 2x2 pieces: one for each grit of MM and one for Hutt polish. One could wipe the blank after MM and be tossed. The one for Hutt could have one corner for the liquid and the other corners for cleaning and polishing. Hope this helps others who uses MM and a polish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewby108

Old plain t-shirts work great for this, too. I have old undershirts that don't fit and aren't worth donating, but work great for this and staining applications.

Woodchipper

I use small patches, held loosely and apply to the underside of the blank. I don't use a whole towel. Aware of the dangers. I worked in a place that had spot welders, metal shears and press brakes up to 1200 tons. Do the math. I worked in R&D and engineering. They didn't pay enough for me to work on the plant.

Top Bottom