Urushi Raden Trials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Teodor

Teodor

Hello Everyone,

One step ahead is the Urushi Raden.
This one took me back to basics, the best way of learning.
Also a short video, http://instagr.am/p/B6DQX0SDF64/ Nice weekend all,
Teo
ac45ed1c8b0ff849e485f7b15afaf996.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

Very nice. I don't see any barrel threads, how do the cap and barrel fit together, friction fit? This is abalone, right?

Last edited:

Pierre---

A beauty Teo! Can't wait to see the next one, beyond basics... :)
I love the colors of the mother-of-pearl. I tried to crush some thin mop pieces, but half of the fragments were whitish and not so attractive. Does yours come from Watanabe (I wonder if they die it) or did you make it yourself?

FGarbrecht

I love the colors of the mother-of-pearl. I tried to crush some thin mop pieces, but half of the fragments were whitish and not so attractive. Does yours come from Watanabe (I wonder if they die it) or did you make it yourself?
Good question. I bought some mother-of-pearl flakes (from a vendor on Amazon) and they are mostly iridescent white. Not bad looking but nothing like the beautiful multicolored confetti on this pen!

Teodor

Mine look natural to me, various sizes and thickness.Depends of the locations, mines are New Zealand and México.

Teodor

Good question. I bought some mother-of-pearl flakes (from a vendor on Amazon) and they are mostly iridescent white. Not bad looking but nothing like the beautiful multicolored confetti on this pen!
I think it depends on how the light hit them, I have a couple that are completely black but on different angles gives blue or red reflection.

Top Bottom