Upping The Finishing Game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LK&T

Hmmmm, wonder what's in the box? Hoping to get the same results as using Titebond CA, but quicker and easier.

ca.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LK&T

I'm on my second batch of Gluboost - I love it! Check out Mark Dreyer's videos on YouTube. Excellent!!
I have looked at his videos and they were part of why I'm gonna try GB. My results with Titebond have been good, but I think GB will be easier and quicker process. Also, the Titebond accelerator makes it go hazy immediately, so I haven't been able to use it to speed up finishing. I also had a lot of weirdness when I bought a second bottle of TB thin, which made me think it might be a bad bottle. We'll see!

I posted this a short time ago (in addition to the "semi-review" I mention).
I did a semi-review on Glu-Boost a while ago and was somewhat "Ho-Hum". I thought (and still do) that if you were familiar with another system that there would be a little learning curve. It seems to stay fluid a wee bit longer than others and the Glu-Boost accelerator is not as fast acting as, say, Mercury.
HOWEVER, since then I have become an advocate. I use the Mercury accelerator when I want a fast set (normally) and the Glu-Boost when I don't. I agree that Glu-Boost seems to polish quite well although this is a pretty subjective opinion. I use the thin as a first and maybe second coat and then switch to the "PRO" which is somewhat more viscous for my build layers.
One additional thought: there are things that are often unmentioned that make creating a CA finish better (or worse). One thing I love about the Glu-Boost product is the bottle. It seems to me to be rather well designed. It has a pin in the cap that keeps the tip clear. I do quite a few pens and one thing I dislike is having to stop and spend time clearing a tip when I'm ready to apply CA. The Glu-Boost bottle prevents this annoying delay. A good thing!

Good luck! Looking forward to reading about your successes!

Top Bottom