Upping My blank Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I managed to score this old flat file cabinet from my work a week or so ago free for the asking. It has 5 drawers that are about an 1-1/2" deep and according to my calculations it should hold in the neighborhood of 1200-1250 7/8x7/8x5 blanks. My intentions are to have 1 drawer for resin, one for hybrids, one for burl, and one for all other wood and misc. blanks. The last drawer will be for my sons blanks.

I'm looking forward to going through the countless boxes of blanks and cutting down blank material I have all over my shop and getting it all filed away so I can actually see what I have.

PXL_20220903_150318219.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

I'd love to get one/some of those for putting tools into. Carving tools, lathe tools (most handles are less than 1 1/2") dividers, compasses, rules and squares. You get the idea.

More Grumpy

To me, this appears to be a file cabinet used to store blueprints. You could check used ofice supply or drafting supply stores if your interested in one.

woodwzrd

To me, this appears to be a file cabinet used to store blueprints. You could check used ofice supply or drafting supply stores if your interested in one.
That is exactly what it is. We still have a stack of three that are bigger than this one but they still have old prints in them from old legacy parts and tooling.

Gary Beasley

Ive learned not to cut too much wood for pen blanks as sometimes you will find other projects needing larger dimensions. I would try to put in dividers and keep kits and bushings and other accessories in one drawer at least.

Top Bottom