Upgrade Recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cdwrrtx

I have learned so much from this group, and would like some opinions. Looking to upgrade one of my shop tools ($400 +/- budget).
Tools to replace:
Old Delta table saw. Very basic 10" benchtop model. No dust collection. Would still have to use it outside.

Small benchtop drill press. Short quill stroke. I use lathe to drill but would like to offset drill some blanks.

9" Skil bandsaw. Cuts blanks to length. Real struggle to get it/stay tuned for anything else.

I have shopped for each and am looking for which upgrade would be the most beneficial and some make/model suggestions in that price range. I do occasionally cut up barrel staves and stock for blanks. THANKS!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The next question is over the period of time you had these tools which tool or tools did you find yourself going to most?/ That is how you answer your own question. Then the next question becomes do you want to stay with table top models or do you want to graduate to big boy toys and go for floor models?? I could not be without any of the tools you mentioned but I have a full woodworking shop and do more than turn pens. I prefer full size toys over bench top.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I vote for a bandsaw. It's hard to get those benchtop bandsaws running right because the frames aren't beefy enough to get the blade tension where it needs to be for good cutting. If you have the room and can squeak the budget up to $550, then this might be a good choice: Grizzly G0555LX

Top Bottom