Update on SWMBO 8 Jun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

what a roller coaster ride it has been. My wife (Lael) was released from the hospital 2 weeks ago. Having her home has been a blessing and a worry. At least she is able to take care of basic needs; washing, dressing, drinking water. Today was the first day she tried to cook herself an egg for breakfast; didn't do to bad but I don't think I could have handled the amount of pepper she put on it. :confused:. But she said it was fine and ate it so moving forward.
Her blood pressure is down to almost normal. A visit to the doctor for check ups 3 times a week is getting OLD and tweaking the meds if necessary. Of course she still has problems swallowing large pills so we have to cut them in 4ths or grind them up.
fine motor control is still whacked; speech and thinking are slow. Yes, and No questions are the best for now. She is trying to put legos together following the directions and after about an hour last night I picked up legos for 2 hours that she threw across the room because they wouldn't go together right.
I'm holding up o.k. it's tough, so many people offer to help, but not many want to come and watch her put small puzzles together or watch her write a b cs.. One person came over to take her for a walk and they were not firm enough to make her turn around and go home. By the time they came back they had covered about 3 miles. Now, she has blisters on her feet and heels from not wearing socks.
She does get cold now, so when it's 90 in the house she is fine but I and the fur kids are melting; so she is wearing winter coats. She still gets tired very easily but I also wonder how much of that is due to the medication. Hopefully that will improve.
We start physical and speech therapy on Tuesday. If that wasn't a wild ride trying to get that set up. Between insurance, places that would not treat stroke victims; places that took insurance but will not see anyone over 55; and then the plain ole crazy places that say, well, I've been in practice for 40 years, and it is best to get information from several sources and make sure you get a prescription from your primary care doctor because your insurance won't accept a script from the hospital doctors... Insurance,, can't live without it, but will give you a heart attack or stress illness trying to work with it.
Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouraging words. It is great to be a member of such a family.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
It's great that your wife is improving! Stay strong my friend! You and your remain in my prayers.

stonepecker

Sending good thought to you both. Be sure to watch out and take care of yourself as she will be helpless without your support.

Prays and Hugs sent.

Mariner1

Prayers for you and your wife. My wife has had 2 strokes so far. I missed the first one which was the bad one and she had the second after we were married. Luckily that one was minor. Stay strong, my wife recovered almost 100 % after the first stroke, just has some minor memory issues.

Best wishes for the both of you

Karl

WoodCarverOH

Prayers and best wishes for you and your wife.
Take it one day at a time and look back often to see her progression.
The Lord will show you the way.

Top Bottom