Update on Bob Jackson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I received the following email from Bob's wife today.

Dear relatives and friends,
I have spoken to some of you but want to keep you in the loop on Bob's progress. He completed radiation last Tuesday. He is fatigued from it but has had no other side effects for this we are grateful. However he has been running a temperature and it would spike at night. His radiation oncologist sent us to his oncologist on Tuesday. He thought that he may still have pneumonia or a infection behind the mass. He sent us to his Pulmonary doctor on Wednesday. After CAT scan and x ray, he sent us to Avon emergency room and then they admitted him to Fairview Cleveland Clinic. He has been on anti biotic ivs since then and was given 2 units of blood because his hemoglobin was down. They are now trying to get his glucose numbers down. He probably will be in the hospital til tomorrow or Monday. If he comes home Sunday he will have the gamma knife procedure at the Cleveland Clinic downtown on Monday. This will remove the lesion in his brain-the size of the tip of a pencil. If not, the procedure will be postponed. He is supposed to have chemo Jan. 30 but that may be pushed back . We thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts. Please keep him in your prayers. I'll send periodic emails. Love to all.
Joanne

Those of you who know Bob, know he is a great guy, let's keep him in our prayers
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!

I PM'm Bob last week and got no answer - I was concerned, but realize that every day will be a different challenge.

My prayers to Bob. He worked very hard to get an Ohio/Northern Ohio chapter started... WE need to continue this effort!

Let's get this done... Take Care Bob!

Mark

Magicbob

Got the following message from his wife today:

Bob had his gamma knife Monday.
He got rid of the lesion and they found no more. Great news.
He is on oxygen for now but is getting more strength and is eating better. He can rest til Jan.30 when chemo starts. I'll keep you posted .
Please keep those prayers coming...Joanne

Magicbob

A new update

Here is the latest news on Bob's health. A week ago on Tuesday we went to Bob's last radiation treatment. He did okay with it except he was running fevers. At first they thought it was the cancer . Then he saw his oncologist and said that he had pneumonia and sugar was all messed up.. He was in ICU and then a room in Fairview Hospital (C.CLINIC Hospital). He was released on Sunday. He had the Gamma Knife procedure on his brain on Monday. They only found the one lesion and now that it is history. He did very well considering everything. From Monday until Friday night all was fine. He ate dinner. His glucose number were ok, he went to bed. About two hours later he was calling me and said he thought his blood glucose was low. We checked the blood, it was 62. I gave him a assortment of sugary things and his blood sugar went DOWN to 43. That's when I called the Emergency squad. Long story short he ended up at Fairview in ICU. Yesterday he was nearly back to his old self. They changed him to a regular room and now I'm waiting for the call to pick him up to take him home. Some dear friends are driving me because I am not really fond of driving in snow. If all is well with his numbers, he'll have his first chemo on Thursday, B12 shot on Friday—followed by three weeks of nothing, then another chemo in a cycle of 6. Then probably more chemo with less chemo drugs in another cycle. He is so nice in the hospital, the nurses love him. Keep him in your prayers.
Love to all,
Joanne

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Whew... Thanks for the update Bob! I do appreciate the status.

My thoughts are with Bob and his wife!

(PS: Bob - You are a good friend!)... Thank You

Somehow we missed the information about Bob's ongoing health issue... was shocked and sadden to have learned yesterday, that he has been through so much since our excellent meeting... Linda and I are praying for all and will continue to do so.

Magicbob

Bob went for chemo this morning. However, the doctor decided (after seeing him) that he should wait til next Thursday so he would be stronger. He gets his port Feb. 3. He's doing better and breathing better. Keep up the prayers.

Joanne

Top Bottom