Up size tool rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jether3940

Good morning from Auburn Ca. I started turning about 2 years ago.
Much to learn . I upgraded to a lathe with 1" tool rest post from a 5/8 post. Been to Rockler,pen state, no luck.
Regards John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

You can check Robust tool rests...Woodcraft carries them.
Also, Rick Herrill Here on IAP fabricates and sells fantastic tool rests. He makes any size you want so you can get a shorty tool rest for pen turning. Look in the vendor forum here. Ricks Custom Tools

magpens

I also recommend that you consider getting EXACTLY what you want from Rick Herrell, a member here on IAP ..

His member name is .... rherrell .... . if you wish to contact him, start a "Conversation" with him.

Last edited:

greenacres2

Welcome John. I've gone down the path to Rick Herrell's tool rests, and they are very nice. But...Rikon makes a 5/8" to 1" bushing for tool rest posts that may fit your need for now. Part number is 70-9158, other companies may make one also. Rick's tool rests are incredible for the money though!!
earl

rmiller

Teknatool/Nova also makes a modular tool rest system. You purchase the diameter and length tool post you need and then you choose the style of tool rest you are looking for. They have several different lengths of 1" tool posts along with several lengths of tool rests. They also sell curved rests for bowl turning and flat rests for box turning.

Top Bottom