"Unraveled"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This is a new design. I've had the blank on my shelf for a while and decided today I'd like to see what it looked like on a pen. Jr. Gent dressed in Mesquite and aluminum.

Your comments, good or bad, are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

1_JG-FP-R-0005.jpg

1_JG-FP-R-0005-2.jpg

1_JG-FP-R-0005-3.jpg

jyreene

The pens I have seen of your collection are all rather amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing a before picture of some of your blanks and after just to see if I can figure it out on my own, though once I get back to the states I have a decent idea where to start.

Scott-n-KY

Your comments, good or bad, are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

I have a bad comment.... That baby is BAAADD !!!!

I think that has to be the coolest design in a blank I have ever seen posted....

broitblat

Great design and outstanding execution.

I would have thought the wood was too busy for that design, but I would have been wrong, because it looks great.

Thanks for the (continued) inspiration.

-Barry

mitchm

Keith, WOW!!!!! Stunning!!! That is pure craftmanship....eish, blerrie ongelooflik!!!!!

Now I need to convince you the the entire SA nation would benefit enormously when one of those kits are sent to SA......vir volk en vaderland en vir my!!! :angel::biggrin:

VisExp

Thanks for all the nice comments folks.

Wow, just wow! I am so glad I told you to get a lathe :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm pretty glad you did Hans. It's all your fault I got sucked into this vortex :biggrin:

I think I changed my mind though. Can I have the blank back now please??:rolleyes::biggrin:

LOL. I'll send you some more soon Dawn :)

would be nice to see the body design on the cap too

I think you're right Darley. On the next one I'll bring the pattern on the lower barrel through the center band into the upper barrel before letting it go unraveled.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Damn, Keith. I've just finished drooling over the last one!!! But I think this one is even better:biggrin:

Are the two halves from two different designs or did you follow the cuts and change the design during the cut?:eek:

DavePowers

It looks great. If you sell it do you think the buyer will appreciate it for all the work you put into it or just cause it looks cool? Maybe if another pen maker bought it.

good job.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's funny you should show that.

Last night, I was working on a similar pattern, somewhat more difficult with lines extending to the ends, varying colors of brass, aluminum, interweaved with Eagle's patented processes of "veneer" -again varying colors.

Cut it, glued it up, drilled, turned --- all in just a couple hours. Turned flawlessly, several coats of lacquer, dried nearly instantly, assembled the pen on a full-size gent, was on my way to take a picture to post here - just to show everyone, of course.

Unfortunate thing happened......................................................

I WOKE UP!!!

However, it proved I CAN make a pen like that

in my dreams!!

Nice work, Keith!

VisExp

Incredible work Keith!!:cool:

Now you can tell Dawn, how much I wanted this blank:wink:

I get first dibs on your next selection of blanks right?:biggrin:

You got it John :biggrin: Thank you.

Are the two halves from two different designs or did you follow the cuts and change the design during the cut?:eek:

Steven, the design is a blend of two other designs but it is a stand alone design all cut from one blank. Excuse the poor picture.

1_ACT_731802.jpg

PR_Princess

Oh yeah, I get first shot at those blanks!!:tongue:

You know how the old saying goes; 'You snooze, you lose':giggle:

To Keith - You, my friend, are an artist. Each and every one of your blanks are true works of art. I am confident that each one will be a heirloom of great value. Now, please remember that when you are filling out the PAPERWORK!

To John - one word....

CUSTOMS!!! :devil:

Last edited:
To Keith - You, my friend, are an artist. Each and every one of your blanks are true works of art. I am confident that each one will be a heirloom of great value. Now, please remember that when you are filling out the PAPERWORK!

To John - one word....

CUSTOMS!!! :devil:

Dawn, I happen to know that 'Handcrafted Pen Blanks' falls under the CUSTOMS exemption for Canada....:laugh:

1143.gif

Top Bottom