Unleashed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Just a little teaser...working on a new intarsia I recently designed. this is just the head, that's all I've got done so far. Buckeye Burl, redwood lace burl, maple, ebony, holly, goncala alves, and some alumilite. Felt the need to make a new dragon since all my others are sold.

Attachments

• Headthumb.jpg
    Headthumb.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 485

workinforwood

Can't fit on a pen. It might be hard to imagine right now, but it's a war dragon ridden by a woman that blends/melts somewhat into the dragon, a huge cupped wing span, and framed inside a dragon eye. I don't do drugs, but it may require the viewer to take some.
This head, minus the horns and shroud is about the size of a cigarette pack...that's pretty small in my opinion. Basically, if you are looking at a 17" monitor, like me, when you click the thumb you see it in life size.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That is fantastic Jeff!!!!!!:eek: I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't wait to see the completed work. Workmanship like that just blows my mind.:biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Yup.. What they said... WOW... You said the others sold... I can't imagine the skill to make something with that much woodworking and ART combined. I can woodwork, but this is a whole different beast (pun intended!)

workinforwood

Thanks all. It took about 4 days to do this, but it wasn't necessarily solid 10 yr days. I just work on it however long I feel like it, whenever I am not working my normal day job. As far as how much money...well that depends on the picture and the skill level. A picture like this will be, is a few G's.

byounghusband

Jeff,
As always, your scroll work is stunning!! I often check here to see what you are up to if I don't see anything on the SSWC forum. I am about to jump into intarsia and I hope to be able to do 1/2 as good as you. Beautiful work!!

marcruby

That's really nice! I have a good scroll saw - the Excalibur - but it's owner has yet to master cutting a straight line... When is that show at MSU? Next week?

Marc

workinforwood

Finally a little more completed. Alumilite hair on the rider, alumilite on the body and cast in the leg as well. I like that stuff, it scrolls and shapes real nice. Nothing against PR, but you can't scroll PR to save your life! The quarter placed for size perspective. Her face and the quarter are the same size.

Attachments

• sample5.jpg
    sample5.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 189

Darley

Jeff that is stunning like I say to you before this Dragon will look great when finished, I don't worries about the little women I sure you going to add the Super Women cape to her:biggrin:

In another note reminder me of the Never ending story

workinforwood

Wing

Thanks. It's getting more exciting now! Finally after 2 full days completed cutting all the pieces for the main wing span and cast the resin. It's starting to come together. Next time I get a chance, it's back to shaping and sanding. There's still a lot more pieces to be added, like the far back wing, the neck plating, tail and legs/feet too.

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom