Unleashed..complete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Finally this one is done. Had the photo semi-professionally done by a local photo-club member with a 10mpx camera and a better eye for color than I ! Don't know when it'll be published, but they called me today excited about it. Apparently they love the picture and the article, but the actual pattern will not be published because it is too large to fit in a magazine, and when shrunk down the lines almost blend together because even at the full size it is, the pieces are super tiny...like the face is 15 pieces without the hair and yet only the size of a quarter! hehe.
Unleashed3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Now that it's done I like it Jeff-------I have been kinda back and forth on this one.
You attention to detail is just unreal.-----Thanks

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jeff, my son was over tonight to see if I was still guarding your blanks you donated as prizes. I was going through some of your posts to show him how the blanks turn out, and showed him this piece. He was totally astounded! BTW, he also liked the end result of the blanks you make!!

workinforwood

Cool...so where's the blanket pen then Cav??? Every so often I toss out the opportunity to get some blanks, but rarely do I see what people do with them.

Thanks everyone for the great comments on the artwork too!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jeff,

I haven't worked up enough nerve to turn it as yet. I got some kits through Hans CSUSA group buy, and I think it will end up being used with one of them. It should make a nice slimline, don't you think????? :biggrin:

workinforwood

Actually it would. Modified slim with a custom finial and centerband, hidden clip and wooden nib. Otherwise, you try and fit that baby on a regular slim kit and it'll look like Peggy on Married with Children!

workinforwood

I run an RBI Hawk G4. It's overpriced at $1500, but you can often get them on sale for a grand. It has it's issues once in a while, but I have thousands of hours on it I'm sure, and RBI takes care of you with a 5 yr warranty. Any saw will have some issues...they don't make them like they used to! I still have my original saw, a sears which is big enough and heavy enough to anchor a U-boat, and it never breaks down.

Top Bottom