Unique handcrafted blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Anyone interested in creating a chart of custom blank makers or suppliers?
This list could be enormous and enlightening.

Of course the first supplier that sells such that comes to mind is Exotic Blanks. But there are others that sell privately.

This task could start with this thread listing anyone you know that has them.

Things required would be supplier name, site, member name, blank descriptions, and anything else of interest.

If you are an artist or supplier, please add your wares. Limiting images are also acceptable.

Let's get started!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Not quite sure what you are asking Wayne. Exotic Blanks do not make any such blanks. They sell artisan blanks that have a deal with them as there are other sites such as Arizona Silhouette and Barry Gross, Ernie and Bear Tooth Woods, The Classic Nib and there are many more. They sell artisan blanks and many are duplicates of same artisan. Now there individual artist that sell their own blanks that have web sites or sell on Amazon or Facebook or ebay or etsy or all of the above.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
I'm hoping to mention those big suppliers along with one-of artisans. I'm well aware that the big suppliers have some well known artisans secured by them but those suppliers could be included to be a pointer. That's my thoughts.

New turners don't know all of the connections that we do. There are many blanks sold by artisans themselves. Look online here, Facebook, UK pen turners group, lots of mom and pop shops.

It's just an idea. If this isn't acceptable to large suppliers that's understandable. I'm not looking to short cut them or point directly to their artisans, I was hoping to also find the non-committed artisans and get them out there.

What do you think?

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Hey Wayne that is great if you can do this. I am sure that list will fluctuate greatly because there are tons of casters that keep doing their own thing and next thing they sell a few blanks. There are segmenters, clay artisans, metal artisans, not only casters. The casters can be specific such as watch blanks, colored blanks, label casters, and many more. Good luck with the list.

Mark90001

I'm Looking into selling some Acrylic Blanks.

Attachments

• Acrylic.jpg
    Acrylic.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 547
HeaderNewStore.jpg

Supplier Name: Ankrom Exotics
IAP Name: Ankrom Exotics

We make & sell (for penturners):

Burls & Swirls - Stabilized Burl wood with voids that we fill with Alumilite resin
Shrapnel - Small pieces of Aluminum shavings that are cast in Alumilite resin
Pinecone Pen Blanks - Full Blanks, Half Blanks, Large cones, Mini cones
Sweet Gum Pod Blanks
Banksia Pod Blanks
Gisi Style 100% Alumilite Blanks
Stabilized Wood Blanks
Solid Resin Blanks

and More!

We also can do custom colors for customers & if you have some material of your own that you'd like us to stabilize and/or cast for you.....We do that too! We've been in this business since 2008. Our quality & your satisfaction are very important to us.

If you don't see something in stock on our site, don't hesitate to give us a call. We are just a small business of two people & sometimes things get pretty busy but we will happily help a customer.

You can see some of the products we offer in our forum here on the IAP. You can also check out our website to see more.

erichardson

Name: AppalchiaTurnings
Site: www.etsy.com/shop/appalachiaturnings
IAP name: erichardson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eric.d.richardson

I have been a pen turner for 20 years. My blanks are trimmed to 7/8" X 5.25" and I sell them for $8.00 plus shipping. My kitless blanks are 3/4" X 9" round and they are priced at 14.00 each plus shipping.

Currently selling Alumilite Acrylic blanks via Facebook and Etsy. I am making a few hybrids and Pine cone blanks. I will take custom color orders.

Feel free to reach out to me so we can collaborate on your custom blanks.
QR.JPG

Copper Nights.jpg
Emearld Coast.jpg
Fire.jpg
Fall trees.jpg
Orange Purple and Pink Fury.jpg
Thin mint.JPG

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Supplier Name: Ohio Penworks
Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OhioPenworks
IAP Name: mbroberg

I offer tube-in Alumilite label blanks. I attempt to find designs and images that are different than what is available elsewhere. I do take custom orders. In addition to my Etsy Store, my blanks can be found at Exotic Blanks. The cost is $10.95 per tube.​

Baseball3_Blanks_and_Pen_PSIBaseball.jpgBaseball2_Blanks_Pen_Web.jpg Aqua_Orange_Football_a.jpg 2019_03_24_1337.jpg
Nautical4_Blanks.jpg Pattern4_Blanks.jpg Phoenix1_PhoenixRising_Antique-Pewter.jpg

Bob F

Blank maker and supplier here --Franklin Blanks and Crafts -we make and sell hybrids --pen blanks / stopper blanks / handle blanks /call blanks /9" pen blanks for customs /dragon egg blanks / box blanks / vase blanks -you name it - and we have an art series line of blanks where my wife spends hours building little worlds before they get cast -anyhow - and yes we can do custom orders or you can find our blanks at Turners warehouse.com and / or ringsupplies.com as well as a few local woodcrafts or you can always message me here to see what is currently available -we (me and my wife Cindy -do our own stabilzing in house to ensure only the finest quality stabilized burl (from all of the world) gets used in our blanks - below is a sample pic (these are no ponger available ) -- or you can check out some of our work at our instagram page -https://www.instagram.com/franklinblanksandcrafts/

Attachments

• FBC Long Color Log sig with FB Page info.jpg
    FBC Long Color Log sig with FB Page info.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 493
  • 20180930_160833.jpg
    20180930_160833.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_5815.JPG
    IMG_5815.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_5822.JPG
    IMG_5822.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_7600 (2).JPG
    IMG_7600 (2).JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 472

Marko50

Hobble Creek Craftsman, LLC
Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HobbleCreekCraftsman
Owner: Mark Koster
IAP Name: Marko50

Offerings:

* Unique Clear Cast Tube-In Hybrid Steampunk Blanks
* Mini-Pinecone Blanks
* Shredded Cash Blanks
* Mini-Pinecone Ring Blanks
Licensed US Military Blanks (Hybrid Steampunk Design)
* Japanese Chiyogami Tube-In Blanks
* Label Blanks
* Occasional One-Off Blanks

* Hybrid Stabilized Burl Spheres
* Silicone Tube-In Molds / Four Cavity
* Custom Blank Requests Are Always Welcome
* Our Blanks And Silicone Molds Can Also Be Found At Craft Supplies USA: https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/search?term=hobble+creek+craftsman

Last edited:
Top Bottom