Unfinished project completed (birdhouse)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

I was cleaning the shop last Sunday and ran across a Sumac birdhouse body that had a skew runback across it, and I thought, "I think I can get a birdhouse out if that yet."

That was the end of the shop cleaning. I completed the body, made a roof from cherry, and the finial and the peg are from pernumbuco.

Here's the result.

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_184539_685.jpg
    IMG_20180521_184539_685.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

I have admired these little bird houses for years but never tried one yet. Yours is very nice. Shape and finish looks real nice. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MDWine

That is a great birdhouse! Excellent finial, Cindy would be proud. (I'm a Drozda fan)

I am relearning how to turn these days, and these little ornaments have captured my attention. I hope to be able to turn out a finial "half that good" some day...

Should we change the site name to IAP&OBH (ornamental bird houses)... lol... maybe just a thread... OK, I jest (maybe)

Nice job, hopefully I can contribute a few pics this weekend, I plan to spend both days in the shop!

Good on ya!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done. The balance between each element is very complimentary. I love the colors in sumac, and yours is nice.

Thanks for shaping.

Top Bottom