Unbelievable Wood Veneers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

BigRob777

I'm hoping to start on veneering furniture soon (I still owe one pen to my Pastor). This is additional veneer that I just got in today. It's sort of a third installment this month, the first being the waterfall bubinga that I bought earlier. Here are the pics. I don't have any furniture built yet, but this is what I'll be using for future projects. There are on average, 8 sheets of each.

Here's the lot:
Lotof4.jpg

Eucalyptus Burl:
EucalyptusBurl.jpg

Fiddleback Sapele:
FiddlebackSapele.jpg

Quilted Bubinga:
QuiltedBubinga.jpg

Quilted Sapele:
QuiltedSapele.jpg

The least impressive is the eucalyptus burl and it's gorgeous. I really hit the mother lode here. It cost a pretty penny, but much less than it would at a commercial veneer company. I averaged less than a dollar a foot.

Thanks for looking, now wipe that drool off of your chin.:D I had to.
Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

That beautiful stuff. The guy in Oakville Ontario, I think it's Exotic woods inc...he had some huge tall wide boards of waterfall bubinga, 1.5 thick I believe, but the price was way beyond me and he wouldn't cut a foot off the top. Your pieces don't look super huge. What are you doing, some marquetry tops for tables?

BigRob777

Sorry folks,
The subscribe to topid link didn't work. I got it on ebay. I'm almost done buying veneer for a while, but I need backing veneer, to do the other side of the boards. I'm starting out with plain veneer, with some inlay around it, and working into starbursts and such. I've done some trays and some counter tops, from other materials, but this will be my first time using my vacuum press. I also learned that you can coat both pieces in yellow glue, allow it to dry, then iron it on. I might try that.

I want to do coffee tables, end tables and clocks. I just bought my 4th lot of quilted, or waterfall bubinga. I want to laminate a dresser for my wife and do an armoire for myself, in Bubinga. You can bet that I'll post pics, when I finish projects. My first will be an information center for my church. It'll also be my first inlay, with ebony veneer, doing the letters VCF in the middle of the counter top. I designed the letters, to look like sicles, or quarter moons. Thanks for your comments. I had to pack it all up, or I'd just stare at it all day.

Rob

BigRob777

For perspective, the smallest piece of veneer in the batch of 4 (Eucalyptus Burl) is 12" wide and 22" long, or so. Some of these are 17" wide and one is 22" wide. Coffee tables are calling my name.
Rob

Top Bottom