Ukraine Fundraiser Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

Hello IAP family,

I have been working on a pen to help raise some funds for the refugees fleeing Ukraine right now. I am going to be raffling it off and wanted to let you all know about this. I have created a webpage for this which is

www.Hellotellostudio.com/ukraine/

If you are interested in buying an entry you can do it all through the site or feel free to share the webpage!

Here is a small description of the pen as well as some pics of it.

This pen boasts the national colors of Ukraine with beautiful blue hues and a brilliant yellow throughout the body and cap. Then I added something at each end that we've never done before. I created two unique glass mosaics on the top cap and the bottom of the body. Ukraine's national flower is the sunflower that has become a representation of solidarity for the country and all they are going through. I carefully selected Venetian glass pieces with a designs like a sunflower and arranged them to create a larger sunflower mosaic. It is painstaking work since the pieces are so small (each pieces of glass ranges between 2-2.5mm in diameter) and need to be patiently glued into place, but the result is incredibly beautiful. There are a total of 29 pieces of Venetian glass inlaid on the pen top and bottom. I am pleased to dedicate this pen to the people of Ukraine and to stand with them by giving all proceeds to aid refugees who have fled the home they loved. In this time of war and grief, may this pen be a symbol of hope and reminder to pray for peace.

Thanks for taking a look and your support throughout the years!

Jon Tello

EA2EA95F-1D19-4D52-A684-DCF10B30D6A0.jpeg
0DF24BDE-101D-4820-9F00-7F4348FC2780.jpeg
FE53569A-8BDC-4841-8556-AA7872ED91C1.jpeg
883C6DCB-A019-4D22-8268-7F262E396EF8.jpeg
B613005E-75AA-4ACA-A56D-F0A99CADA6F6.jpeg
C7A9576C-B722-4314-B727-44A04750ABD5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

Jon, I hope that your pen raises plenty to help a tragic situation.
It's a fantastic pen and the finial is first class.
Hope that it goes well for you.

Alan
Thanks Allan. It's been amazing to see the pen community getting behind helping in this.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful gesture and a superb pen. If you have not seen it and have the opportunity, the Chicago Art Museum (not sure of which one), has an entire room with glass art like that which you are using.

22670812-132D-45DF-B3B1-67A517BA87FF.jpeg

Jontello

Wonderful gesture and a superb pen. If you have not seen it and have the opportunity, the Chicago Art Museum (not sure of which one), has an entire room with glass art like that which you are using.

View attachment 331214
thanks mark. I have not seen those yet but next time I am in chicago I will try and check it out. But yes those are the glass pieces I work with! Beautiful, complicated but worth every minute.

Jon

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
thanks mark. I have not seen those yet but next time I am in chicago I will try and check it out. But yes those are the glass pieces I work with! Beautiful, complicated but worth every minute.

Jon
I just checked. The Art Institute of Chicago. Lower level - Glass paperweight exhibit, Arthur Rubloff Collection. I was fascinated by the delicacy and inspiration for segmenting designs for finials.

Last edited:
Top Bottom