UK postage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

I have a person who would like to buy a couple of pens and send them to the UK. Anyone have experience with this, and might be able to give me an approximate price?

Thanks,

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

If you can, wait until this is all over then send across with someone to post here, saves all the hassle and charges! Mind you the waiting gets frustrating! If you know anyone in the military they maybe able to ship to a friend here for forwarding. Sadly my US military mate retired and is now enjoying more time for his hobbies over here !But I get to spend more time with him so it's not all bad !

howsitwork

Sorry Jason as that didn't answer the question but my experiences of us to uk postage have all involved customs and excise on both sides and hassle ! Hence get mates to carry stuff.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Right now, all international shipping is a problem!!!

Most people don't think about the fact that our international mail is usually sent overseas on passenger planes. Now, with nearly 90% of international flights canceled, there are far fewer planes. Delivery times can run up to six weeks for major countries in Europe. And once the package has left the USA, tracking is terrible (this is not new, but used to be a week or so and the customer would have it--now there is no telling how long it will be "lost" before it is delivered.)

UPS and FedEx are much more expensive, but may be worth it if the customer does not want to be patient.

Good Luck whatever you try!!
ed

Roly

I have to agree on the time it takes to get here, I used to wait a fornight max for PSI stuff now it will run into 4-6 weeks if not longer. Its worth the wait because the stocks available here are very limited in comparison. I may consider winning the lottery and then going over for a visit and shopping splurge.

RobS

took 6 weeks, just to go from San Diego to Vancouver Canada, and that was USPS priority mail!!!!!!!!! $28 12oz pacakge if that.
and Vancouver and San Diego are both on the West Coast.

Can't imagine what it would be to the UK.

Curly

Just got one from California yesterday. Picked up by USPS 1st class mail on the 19th of June with tracking stoped at Vancouver on the 27th of June. That is very much out of the norm. Likely most countries are going to be similar especially the ones with lots of Covid problems like the UK.

Top Bottom