UK parts for pressure pots etc?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Is there anyone who knows where to get the pressure pots, vaccuum units etc for a setup similar to the relatively cheap ones the lads from the USA seem to be able to purchase and build!

I mean the cheapest pot ive found is £12- so $250!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Phil, you can get a pressure pot from Axminster for about £40. I got one and so did Andy. You must buy the pot as a spare part without the hoses and spray gun. E-mail me and I'll dig out the part number.
A good vac pump will cost around £100. I've had two for years but Andy has recently got one. Google Ryan Air ( not the Irish airways )

If you have a good compressor, you could opt to get the Air Vac from USA. This is not really a pump, but simply a device that works on the ventura effect. Loads of people swear by them, but I prefer a proper pump. I believe Andy got one too and was not too impressed.

Good luck.

UKpenmaker

Phil, i would second all of Stevens comments, the Pressure pot form Axminster is exactly what you'll need.
The code number is AS1080PP, in case you have not got it from Steven yet. You will need to ring them up for it, it is not listed on the web or in their catalogue.
I got one of the AirVac pumps from the USA, but found it worse than useless.[xx(]
So i mangaed to get a good vacuum pump for £134 from eBay (Item number: 150126938417) the best thing is they sent me the next size up by mistake :D[:0]. I can pull about -29 Hg in about 20sec.:)

philb

Cheers lads!

Just looking into it really at the moment, trying to learn whats required for stabilising woods, and for making polymer blanks!

But thought researching how they are made would be pointless if I couldnt get the production parts!

You have any pics of you setups? or your proceedures?

Spiceman

As this discussion seems to be within the UK, re where to get parts in the UK. Can I put my twopenneth in please? At this time I'm into making wine stoppers using exotic woods. My next phase is to suspend an item like a fishing fly in the top using a polyester resin. I believe that the pressure pot you fellows (British!) are talking about can be used with polyester resin to remove the air bubbles. Is this correct? or am I, as I do often, getting hold of the wrong end of the stick?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ligget

Welcome Chris, Ed Brown aka YoYo Spin is the best guy to talk to if you get no success with the British casters.:)

Ha, the Scot is not infallable either!!!!!!![}:)] Ed Davidson is aka Yo Yo Spin and Ed Brown is aka Ed4copies

Hiya Chris, welcome to IAP. Basically, the 'removal' of bubbles is done by vacuum and the crushing of the ( till they are so small you cant see them ) is done by pressure. I think most of us in the UK are new to this and still learning. However, if you can afford to use Alumilite, then the learning curve is not so painful.

Cheers

Top Bottom