Uk chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

trapper

Calling all UK members Twissy and myself are thinking of starting a local chapter or group for UK members Twissy is based in Nottingham and I'm Based in Barry South Wales. If anyone is interested please contact either of us. Both John and myself are doing this with a view to promoting group buys etc for uk members

Trapper (stephen.french@fsmail.net)
Twissy (John Twiss)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom_W

I'm a newbie to pens (a knife maker actually) based in Notts ... I would be interested as well as I want to complement some of the knives with turning a matching pen.

T

drphobus

I'd be interested also
an East London lad so not going anywhere quick this month as a little sporting event taking place

Tom_W

Guys, this is a UK thing ...

I am considering get some gold nibs from Bock in medium .. their MOQ is 50 pieces and I don't want all of them :wink: If you are interested in any let me know via PM and I'll tell you the price (when I get it).

I will make no profit, it will be treated as a UK group buy - you pay what I pay and the P=P and paypal % if you use paypal.

T

trapper

Hi Ken wow off shore so you tax free lol? I'm trying to get this going and also developing some sources of supplies any ideas greatfully received so far we now have 16 of use who want some sort of local branch/chapter

KDM

Sadly not that kind of offshore. Northern Ireland is the "United" part of the Kingdom. I'm so glad, you decided not to make a GB chapter. GB is the subset of the UK which would have excluded me!

Happily, Royal Mail agrees, so, on principle, it costs the same for me to participate in bulk buys as the folk in GB. It's irritating, though,that if I send something just a few miles across the border into Ireland, it's classed as "international."

gordonfraser

Hello.

I am new here, based in Perthshire Scotland. I'd be really interested in getting involved here if possible!

New to turning, 2 months at it so far. Absolutely loving it. Brilliant fun and hopefully soon going to try kitless, but getting the equipment lists fulfilled is proving...difficult to manage (read: justify to soon to be Mrs.)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and would love to be part of a UK based group.

All the best for now,

Gordon

luke39uk

I've done nearly every UK pen show including the London pen show since 2007 and I know the organisers of UK Pen Shows and the London pen show very well.

I suggest you visit a pen show as a visitor and having a look around first before committing to having a table, as they are VERY VERY different to any other show including Craft/Design shows.

About 98% of visitors to UK pen shows are only interested in fountain pens, and in the main vintage fountain pens.They are very knowledgeable about their pens, and most importantly nibs, so you need to have a pen with a high quality nib and the option of offering gold nibs as an alternative to Steel.

I don't sell kit fountain pens at UK pen shows (I make my own design kitless fountain pens) as the few kit penmakers I have come across who've had tables at pen shows have not done very well.The only guy making kit pens who did OK was Ian Woodford who used to be a member of IAP but I haven't seen or heard from Ian for quite a few years now.

In the past I have done as many as six UK pen shows a year, but this year I'm doing just two, as I've found it is more profitable and cost effective to concentrate on good quality Craft shows.

PM me if you need any more on UK pen shows.
Bryan

KDM

Did this ever come to anything? At the time, I was in Northern Ireland (oft forgot corner of UK) but now in Worcestershire, I'm suddenly interested again!

Top Bottom