Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Here are the rules I am proposing for this year. Please let me know what you think. Scott.

The Ugly Pen Contest

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to use to blow off some steam! Reading anything more into it can lead down that dark and dangerous path to madness!

There will be judges, though you won't know who they are; and there will be prizes, though I'm not sure what they might be as of yet (or if anybody would want them)! Foremost, this contest involves showing strange and disgusting things that somewhat resemble pens, so that we can all make rude comments to each other about them! And with that, the rules:

1) Your entry must be a pen, i.e. If you could bring yourself to handle it, it would theoretically write.
2) You may submit up to two entries, although I can't imagine why you would want to admit to making this kind of mistake more than once!
3) Entries are submitted by posting up to three images of the pen-like item, with or without accompanying story, in this special Ugly Pen Contest topic, part of the Birthday Bash Forum.
4) Anyone may post comments about the entries, although no fights will be allowed, as there are numerous other normal topics available for that!
5) Entries will be accepted from Monday the 9th of February until Midnight (The Witching Hour) Eastern time on Wednesday the 18th of February. Winners will then be posted on the 19th of February. The judge's decision will be final!
6) Prizes will be awarded in five categories:
a) Worst looking normal pen. This is the category for those who tried to make a nice pen, but it turned out ugly!
b) Most disgusting pen. This is for those of you with the perverse sense of humor, but please, I don't want to see a whole string of Ca-ca pens, and no human reproductive organ pens! Remember, this is a family site!
c) Most unusual material. Inventive use of non-traditional materials is King in this category!
d) Just Butt Ugly Pen. This is kind of the all-encompassing category for the entry that is truly just the ugliest around!
e) And the newest category, the Best Comment about an Ugly Pen entry. Yes, now there's a prize for those of you who are too ashamed to show your Ugly Pens, but are still willing to criticize those of us who are willing to show our mistakes! Inventive, and preferably humorous, comments are what will win here!
7) A single entry may win more than one prize, in other words, winning in one category does not disqualify the entry from winning in another category, with the exception being the Best Comment category, for obvious reasons.
8) All entry images and comments become the property of the IAP, to use, or dispose of, as they wish. Yes, blackmail a few years from now is a definite possibility!

Now, lets start seeing some entries!

DocStram

Great job, Scott. I like your new idea of a prize for the best comment.

I think there are two points you might want to add:

1. Who are the photos going to be sent to .....

2. Your name needs to be included as the Ugly Pen Czar.

Al

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Hey, I have an idea, seriously, why don't you give my cat crap blank as a prize to the winner! Then next year, he/she can donate it to be given again!

Scott

Hey, I have an idea, seriously, why don't you give my cat crap blank as a prize to the winner! Then next year, he/she can donate it to be given again!

Hmmmm. Kind of like a travelling trophy? Interesting idea! I'm afraid if I had that thing around here, my dog would eat it! :eat:

Cav - There are a couple of adjustments I'd like to make to the rules. I'll get them posted up tomorrow.

Scott.

Scott

Revised Rules

OK, I have revised the rules for the Ugly Pen Contest. I am still open to suggestions, but this should pretty much be it.

Scott.

The Ugly Pen Contest

Welcome to the Ugly Pen Contest! My name is Scott Greaves, and I am in charge of this contest. If you have any question or comment about this contest, please either send me a message or an E-Mail. I made up the rules for this contest, and I would be happy to make up some new ones to get myself out of a jam if needed!

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to use to blow off some steam! Reading anything more into it can lead down that dark and dangerous path to madness!

There will be judges, though you won't know who they are; and there will be prizes, though I'm not sure what they might be as of yet (or if anybody would want them)! Foremost, this contest involves showing strange and disgusting things that somewhat resemble pens, so that we can all make rude comments to each other about them! And with that, the rules:

1) Your entry must be a pen, i.e. If you could bring yourself to handle it, it would theoretically write.
2) You may submit up to two entries, although I can't imagine why you would want to admit to making this kind of mistake more than once!
3) Entries are submitted by posting up to three images of the pen-like item, with or without accompanying story, in this special Ugly Pen Contest topic, part of the Birthday Bash Forum.
4) Anyone may post comments about the entries, although no fights will be allowed, as there are numerous other normal topics available for that!
5) Entries will be accepted from Monday the 9th of February until Midnight (The Witching Hour) Eastern time on Wednesday the 18th of February. Winners will then be posted on the 19th of February. The judge's decision will be final!
6) Prizes will be awarded in five categories:
a) Worst looking normal pen. This is the category for those who tried to make a nice pen, but it turned out ugly!
b) Most disgusting pen. This is for those of you with the perverse sense of humor, but please, I don't want to see a whole string of Ca-ca pens, and no human reproductive organ pens! Remember, this is a family site!
c) Most unusual material. Inventive use of non-traditional materials is King in this category!
d) Just Butt Ugly Pen. This is kind of the all-encompassing category for the entry that is truly just the ugliest around!
e) And the newest category, the Best Comment about an Ugly Pen entry. Yes, now there's a prize for those of you who are too ashamed to show your Ugly Pens, but are still willing to criticize those of us who are willing to show our mistakes! Inventive, and preferably humorous, comments are what will win here!
7) A single entry may win more than one prize, in other words, winning in one category does not disqualify the entry from winning in another category, with the exception being the Best Comment category, for obvious reasons.
8) All entry images and comments become the property of the IAP, to use, or dispose of, as they wish. Yes, blackmail a few years from now is a definite possibility!
9) New Rule! Within 48 hours of posting an entry in the Ugly Pen contest for any of the pen categories, you need to send me a message or E-Mail identifying yourself both by screen name and your real name, and include your mailing address so we can send you your prizes!!! I don't want to have to track you down to get your information later. I feel so strongly about this that if I don't have your information, your entry will be disqualified. Now, for those of you who wish to win the Best Comment category, be watching for the announcement of the winners, because I am going to want your information within 48 hours of when you win. If you don't know how to message or E-Mail me, click on my name to the left of this post, and select your choice for either a message or an E-Mail there on the drop-down list.

Now, lets start seeing some entries!

Top Bottom