UFO Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OZturner

OZturner

As a part of my UFO (Un Finished Objects clearance), several Pen Kits have lingered too long, so it was their turn to "Shape Up and Hopefully Ship Out".

Photo 1, Is an Unidentified Kit that I received in a PITH Package a couple of years ago, I used Australian Cedar (Toona –ciliate) for the Blanks, and Finished with CA and Renaissance Wax.
I feel that the Kit could be a "Flat Top American Ball Point" perhaps someone may recognise it and let me know.

Photo 2 is a Gold "Gatsby" with a "Molten Bronze" Acrylic Blank, Finished with Micro Mesh, and then Renaissance Wax.

Photo 3 is a Gold "Gatsby" with a "Earths Core" Acrylic Blank, Finished with Micro Mesh and then Renaissance Wax.

Photo 4 Shows a Multi Tool Pen, with a "Silver Core" Acrylic Blank, this kit I could not find any Instructions, so I built it as I felt it should go together. Finished with Micro Mesh, and then Renaissance Wax.
I have found a second kit and will shortly build it probably in the next batch.
Can anyone assist me in finding a replacement for the Ball Point refill.
It is 1.77" (44.97mm) long, and has a 0.118" (3mm) Diameter Ink Tube, with Ball Tube of 0.9'(2.27mm) Diameter.
I have compared it with the only other small ball point refill I have and that is a Teachers Pen but is too long and too thick.

Photo 5, is also of the Multi Tool Pen, Partially Disassembled with the "Tools", the Pen Refill, a Craft Blade, a pair of Tweezers, a Phillips Head Screw Blade, and a Slot Headed Screw Blade.
Obviously, these Multi Tool Pens, are not designed to Strip Down or Disassemble your Family Car, or Harley, and you would have to be careful just using them, that is possibly why they have been discontinued, but they are well made, but very fine, and somewhat like me, not designed for "Hard Work".
I welcome all Comments and Critiques, and suggestions and appreciate any assistance with the "Pen Refill" Sourcing.

Thanks for looking,
Regards,
Brian.

Attachments

• 20190506-05 Flat Top American Ball Point - Australian Cedar (2).JPG
    20190506-05 Flat Top American Ball Point - Australian Cedar (2).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190506-06  24Kt Gold Gatsby Ball Point Pen - Molten Bronze (2).JPG
    20190506-06 24Kt Gold Gatsby Ball Point Pen - Molten Bronze (2).JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190506-07 24Kt Gold Gatsby Ball Point Pen - Earths Core .JPG
    20190506-07 24Kt Gold Gatsby Ball Point Pen - Earths Core .JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 20190506-08 Multi-Tool Pen. Silver Core .JPG
    20190506-08 Multi-Tool Pen. Silver Core .JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 20190506-09 Multi Tool Pen. Open .JPG
    20190506-09 Multi Tool Pen. Open .JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Very handsome collection! I turn a lot of Earth's Core and always paint the inside barrels and the tubes. Did you?

OZturner

Very handsome collection! I turn a lot of Earth's Core and always paint the inside barrels and the tubes. Did you?
To my embarrassment no Tony, I didn't.
The Blank before turning had the dark and dense colour over the surface, it was only when I started Turning that the Lighter Colours appeared.
I didn't worry too much when I finished, as the colours in the Light Area tended to blend any brass that peeked through into the total colour effect.
However, I will remember in future.
Thank you Tony,
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

TonyL

To my embarrassment no Tony, I didn't.
The Blank before turning had the dark and dense colour over the surface, it was only when I started Turning that the Lighter Colours appeared.
I didn't worry too much when I finished, as the colours in the Light Area tended to blend any brass that peeked through into the total colour effect.
However, I will remember in future.
Thank you Tony,
Regards,
Brian
[/QUOTE

Thank you Brian. I can't see that from the photos, but it always concerns me because I prefer not to see brass and glue lines. Naturally, my impatience would prefer that I not paint anything and have to wait.

Still a beautiful job Brian. Thank you for sharing your work.

OZturner

Very nice group. I also like your friends posing with the pens.
Thank you, Humongous.
My friends are to elevate the edge of the Pen (which they do very well) .
The Frog, is a Tourist Piece from a relative who did the Bali, Thailand vacation thing, and I was given the Frog as a gift.
He has a hole drilled, parallel to the ground, just behind his head where a tapered shaft rests.
The Spine of the Frog is carved, with "Dinosaur Barbs" which when stroked with the Tapered Shaft, down the Dinosaur Barbs, produces a somewhat "Crokey Frog sound.
The Mouse was a piece of Home Work, set to the members of our Wood Turners Club, that was my piece.
Anatomically, there are many faults, not the least of which, is the size of the his Head. (But then again, I am a fine one to be critical).
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom