Two whimsical bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

I call them whimsical because I like the name.
The juniper bowl started with a piece of wood that looked similar to a brain. A lady came up to my desk and asked if I could make anything with it so gave it to me. What I find unique is the inside is concentric rings but the outside is burly.
The second is scrub oak root that I found hiking with my granddaughters one day. I left the outer edges untouched with tool or sand paper. I am thinking of adding a pen holder to one corner any thoughts?
Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• aaa1.jpg
    aaa1.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 212
  • aaa2.jpg
    aaa2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 249
  • aaa3.jpg
    aaa3.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 256
  • aaa4.jpg
    aaa4.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 243
  • aaa5.jpg
    aaa5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Nice, VERY nice!!! I really like 'natural' looking turnings and your's certainly fit the bill! Your idea of adding a pen holder to the second one is excellent! I've been looking for something similar to add a pen holder to it as a gift for an uncle and I'm sure this would look stunning! Please post a photo of it if you decide to add the pen holder as I and I'm sure, many others would love to see it! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you always!

bobleibo

Those both look great. I like that natural style. Takes a lot of imagination to see the potential.....and lots of nerve to turn those with the flying edges. You did a great job.
Very nice~
Bob

Top Bottom