Two Toned Diamond Knurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

This one, I'm not sure the design works. Woods are stabilized and dyed maple burl and holly. Even though the maple burl is in both the top and bottom it doesn't quite blend together as I envisioned. What do you all think.

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 105
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Hmm, I like it as it is, but there is a lot of contrast there. I'm guessing it's more than you envisioned? The contrast could just as easily have been something you were trying to do purposely and I wouldn't have known any better. The segmenting is great and does tie it together.

Maybe a small bit of holly accent in the cap would tie the two sections together better?
I thought about this, too, but I'm not sure how you would bring that together better that way. Maybe just put Holly stipes on the burl for the barrel instead of the other way around? That or just make wider strips of the burl on the bottom? That or segment the cap the complete opposite of the barrel?

Either way, it looks great as it is, too. The overall design reminds me of a classic pinstripe baseball uniform. I'll bet these would look great in some team colors.
Just to throw an idea out there for future consideration... I know your segmenting skills would make quick work of something like this to add a matching contrast to the cap.
1692236967541.png

KenB259

Hmm, I like it as it is, but there is a lot of contrast there. I'm guessing it's more than you envisioned? The contrast could just as easily have been something you were trying to do purposely and I wouldn't have known any better. The segmenting is great and does tie it together.

I thought about this, too, but I'm not sure how you would bring that together better that way. Maybe just put Holly stipes on the burl for the barrel instead of the other way around? That or just make wider strips of the burl on the bottom? That or segment the cap the complete opposite of the barrel?

Either way, it looks great as it is, too. The overall design reminds me of a classic pinstripe baseball uniform. I'll bet these would look great in some team colors.
Just to throw an idea out there for future consideration... I know your segmenting skills would make quick work of something like this to add a matching contrast to the cap.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Here's a couple similar I made awhile ago. These ones work so much better.

Attachments

• IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom