Two tone reverse painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I've tried painting both the tube and reverse painting the blank white with good results. On thinner resultant wall thickness pens the color went very pale in some cases. I've also used a lighter color on both say on a darker purple blank I used a pale purple paint. This worked well, but sometimes could be dark. New idea of this season (for me at least) is plug one end of the tube and evenly spray paint white while using the pale version of paint to reverse paint the blank. For dark blue I use pale blue etc. The results for slimline and Roadster/Saturn were very bright and highly colorful even with that thin wall acrylic.

Your mileage may vary, but give it a try. I'm sold and it's easy.

EricRN

Interesting idea. I've had the same problem. I painted an orange blank with silver once thinking it'd add more sparkle. It just made the orange muted and dark. I've used white with good success but on thin walled pens, the resulting color was very pale. I'll give this a try.

randyrls

I saw this idea some time ago, so not my own. Paint a 2" band of several colors on a dowel. Cut a thin sliver of the blank and put the dowel behind it. Try to see what each color does to the blanks color.

Top Bottom