Two-Tone Amboyna Wedding Rings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BangleGuy

BangleGuy

We were disappointed that the RMWT wood turning symposium was cancelled today, but with the water running everywhere in Northern Colorado we certainly understand. Here are a pair of rings we made for the show. This is some premium Two-Tone Amboyna Burl with some awesome figure and coloration. There's Amboyna and then there's AMBOYNA! :biggrin:

These are size 8 and size 11, finished with EEE and a light coat of tung oil. The metal is 316 SS. C&C welcome! Thanks for looking, Eric

Attachments

• tn_DSC02845.JPG
    tn_DSC02845.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 433
  • tn_DSC02876.JPG
    tn_DSC02876.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Great looking rings.

My dad was on his way down to the symposium, and didn't even make it into Colorado before he had to turn around. Now he has to save all his excitement for the NC Woodturning Symposium!!

walshjp17

Fabulous rings. I had a contractor ask me if I could make him a wooden ring for his wife. As I don't have enough experience, I had to turn him down. Are you going to offer these as complements to your wonderful bangles?

BangleGuy

Thanks everyone! These have been fun to make. Lots of the same techniques used in penturning. The trick is finding wood that looks great on a very small area.

kyaggie

Beautiful! I have the ring blanks and ring cores that I got from you so they are on my "to do" list... I just hope that mine turn out half as good as yours!

Mike

Top Bottom